Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

Cluster swap and now no remote start.

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby gsuggett » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 am

I own a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT and swapped a HSV E1 cluster in from a 07-08 Maloo and got it working correctly with no issues (Traction or ABS) but now my vehicle has no remote start function from my key fob. I swapped the old single LCD unit back in and it still wont work. I have searched around and cant seem to find an answer as to what may have done it. One thing to note is that when I was first messing with it I changed the VIN Number in the EEPROM on the new unit to my VIN in my vehicle and when I first tried it changed my Radio from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I'm not sure I tripped something in my vehicle to recognize that the part wasn't the original one. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Greg
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:14 am

So when you put the original back in you enabled the option again in the cluster menu?
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby gsuggett » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 am

jezzab wrote:So when you put the original back in you enabled the option again in the cluster menu?

You just helped me figure it out! The new HSV unit is using a modified file from my Pontiac. When I put the original cluster in I forgot to change the cluster to use Remote Start. The HSV unit with my modified EEPROM doesn't give me an option to do Remote Start and the Tyre Pressure doesn't read but everything else works. To fix it all I had to do was put my old unit in and Enable Remote Start and then swap the new one in.

Thanks for your help jezzab. You are amazing by the way with this stuff. I don't know how you do what you do.

Greg
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:36 am

Good stuff. Thought you might have forgot to enable it. Yeah our aussie ones dont have the option for remote start

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby gsuggett » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:20 am

Can you enable it by messing with the EEPROM? I guess if you don't have the key fob with it you wouldn't have much luck anyway unless it has the hardware already in the vehicle. Here in the states the first year G8 (08) did not have XM Radio and in 09 it did. There is a guy over here that will enable it in software if you have the XM Module. One of the best thing about these cars is how modular they are.

How on earth do you "Thank" someone on here?!? Maybe I am blind.

Greg
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby jezzab » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:45 am

I have tried linking a remote start G8 key i have and it wont read it. I did try and flash the RFA module to a US calibration but it wouldnt pick up the frequency. I also simulated the fob 29bit CAN packets on the bus but no go. Also the remote start must be enabled in the ECM as well (which I have done). Ill have to have another play one day. Mine is a manual (which they dont have remote start in) so it may not be reading the P/N gear correctly.

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby gsuggett » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 am

Ive been wanting a manual trans since I bought the car and Ive been trying to work out the wiring. Its impossible to find a GXP Manual wiring harness for engine and trans and few people here have worked around the Trans Computer issues. I have wondered myself how the car would display the gearing and if it would even remote start with everything hacked together. I will wait a little longer until people have a few more issues worked out before I start buying parts. Maybe when They release the SS people will complain until they get a stick shift and I can nab one for cheap.

Greg
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts