Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

Can you Minimise or Disable Stability Control HSV 307 LS2 ?

Discuss Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Parameter IDs for the Holden VE Commodore, VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby VEGTS06 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:25 am

I have recently brought a HSV GTS 06 with a LS2 in it and my Stabiltiy control button doesn't seem to make much of a difference in minimising the stability control. A few times now it has nearly caused me to crash well swing around.. I have never had it before on any other car I have owned and don't see why it can't be switched off all together? Is it possible? Thanks
VEGTS06
Newbie Modder

Postby doubledip » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:52 pm

pressing the button turns it off
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 am

VEGTS06 wrote:I have recently brought a HSV GTS 06 with a LS2 in it and my Stabiltiy control button doesn't seem to make much of a difference in minimising the stability control. A few times now it has nearly caused me to crash well swing around.. I have never had it before on any other car I have owned and don't see why it can't be switched off all together? Is it possible? Thanks

If you had a FIAT 850 or a DATSUN SUNNY then you would find they won't swing around!! & they don't need traction control because they don't ever break traction. Maybe the power & torque is way more than you are used to. OR the problem may be the loose nut behind the wheel.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby grantsaylor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:54 am

I changed my bcm and stereo then somehow it completely turned my trac/stability control off and abs
grantsaylor
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:29 am

It's off now because there is a fault with the ESP/ABS system. Wouldn't want to have a crash and they find out there is an issue with the system
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby doubledip » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:50 am

If you changed your bcm and stereo and did no programming with anything then your abs and airbags will have a code

The brake pedal needs to be relearnt and the Sdm key needs to be relearnt

Otherwise as Jez said those systems won't work and if in an accident insurance companies can wipe you as they have the know how to see what's changed etc
doubledip

Return to ECU - OBDII DTCs and PIDs

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts