Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Let me know if theres something I can help out with.

Once all setup and communicating, we can easily determine the clusters 11bit ID by simply looping through all possibilities and sending a "are you present" message. But, looks like the device ID header should be 720. ;)
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Yep Header is 720

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:34 pm

For anyone playing at home, this wireup should work to get the cluster powered and ELM hooked up. Use a 12v battery though.. it was just easy to drop a 9v in the image!

Also, Im not sure whether pin5 on the B connector is required.. is says 0v for cluster CAN wakeup.. so its a safe bet pulling it to ground for 0v

baclusterwireup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:37 am

I'm thinking one of these ford vcm scantools are a definite go. Can pick then up for $150 with ids software (obviously must be cracked). But, subscriptions aren't toooooo bad if purchasing a license for the latest ids version if we want to tinker with new stuff, but I read in the feedback comments a bunch of people programming BA clusters, ecus ect successfully so pretty excited to pick one up. Least it's the proper tool ford utilises.

Might have to try install this software to see what we can 'tinker' with... *mwahahaha*
TazzI

Postby tim36 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Still haven't got my wagon back...

As far as sending speed signals into the cluster, my thoughts were to run signals into the wheel speed sensor pins of the ABS unit, which is where the speed signal is turned into can data and sent to the cluster and ECU. I think all four sensors would need to be simulated to avoid freaking the abs module and throwing cosed.

A basic waveform should work, as far as I know the sensors on the BA/BF's are just inductive pickups. I'm not sure how high the signal could be set before it stops reading though. It could be a slow process.
tim36
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 am

Ahhh that must be where I read about the speed input pins!. Yeah that could work,

I do believe a simpler option will be to simulate that CAN chatter to the cluster, but always best to have a backup plan!.
Soooo, will need to see if there are any additional abs wires needed to be hooked up to the cluster, I'm sure I saw a couple pins mentioning abs on the cluster.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Alright, just read all 38pages of BA ford reverse engineering. Definitely a good little read to get up to speed.
http://www.fordmods.com/ecu-fuel-system ... 0-555.html

They have been doing this since 2007, although looks like they ran out of steam around 2012, and nothing has really been submitted since.

But, a good collection of info is in there for cluster programming. I will try put all the programming info together and chuck it up here as a starting point.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:16 am

Any progress lads?
TazzI

Postby Rerouter » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Time for another shot at it,

Had a very long hunt around, found some new info, should work on both BA and BF,

Like before i am aiming at 123456km
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rerouter
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Great work mate - I've just returned home after a couple of weeks away. Will give it a shot ASAP and let you know how it goes.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts