Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby aumatt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:24 am

I use this for the majority of stuff

http://www.nbglin.com/eeprom.htm

With Ponprog, but I do have a few other programmers that I use for other more complex devices

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby yoda67 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 am

thankyou ill get some things setup and see how I go
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby yoda67 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:29 pm

where is the eeprom chip on board thankyou
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby yoda67 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:56 pm

sorry all good
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby yoda67 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:05 pm

I have got things setup im able to read eprom but I cannot write not sure if it is write disabled but it wont write
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:22 pm

yoda67 wrote:I have got things setup im able to read eprom but I cannot write not sure if it is write disabled but it wont write

I'm amaze if you can even get it to read on the PCB. Are you reading the eeprom on board? Or have you taken it off?
TazzI

Postby Rerouter » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 pm

As long as the programmer had sufficient current drive on pins 1,2 and 3, it is within reason that you could program it in circuit, (50mA per pin on my x-prog, but i never do in-circuit)

however what this equates to is injecting current through to protection diodes of the micro, which may damage them, or wake up the micro, have it pull low to send a read request while your pulling high, and damage the output driver of the micro... this is why for some clusters you may find information to power it up normally, but short out the crystal to hold it in a state where all pins are high impedance
Rerouter
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:02 pm

I could never seem to read the eeprom correctly on the board. So now I read as much info I can via obd, like serial number etc, then remove the eeprom. I program a new eeprom then solder it back in. You really need a hot air gun to do this as it makes it so much easier.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:06 pm

I've had zero success reading / writing any 93Cxx eeproms whilst they have still been soldered to the board.

Anyway, apologies for my absence of late! I just bought a BA XR6 as a cheap daily, so will grab a few consecutive dumps shortly.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:18 pm

LangasLS wrote:I've had zero success reading / writing any 93Cxx eeproms whilst they have still been soldered to the board.

Anyway, apologies for my absence of late! I just bought a BA XR6 as a cheap daily, so will grab a few consecutive dumps shortly.

Brilliant!
Let me know when your keen to get some logs rolling. My app SOE can log data happily alllll day ;)

Should be able to also send custom messages from it.

Ill be particularly interested in if we can narrow down whats sent to the radio icc and cluster. Might be able to display custom stuff on either screen!
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts