Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby yoda67 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:27 pm

I had to take off board my problem was programmer cheap s t got better one all good now .
I have read chip edit file write back all working now, but can someone point me to location off odo permanent error so I can edit that out thankyou
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:46 pm

yoda67 wrote:I had to take off board my problem was programmer cheap s t got better one all good now .
I have read chip edit file write back all working now, but can someone point me to location off odo permanent error so I can edit that out thankyou

Not something that's been found yet!
TazzI

Postby yoda67 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 am

can any one please give me a good ba xr6 eeprom dump as I had a system crash and lost mine thankyou
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:32 pm

yoda67 wrote:can any one please give me a good ba xr6 eeprom dump as I had a system crash and lost mine thankyou

Whatevers in the thread is what you get! ;)
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:26 pm

What cluster have you got Yoda? There are two good BA dumps in the first post of this thread.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby yoda67 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:38 pm

thankyou I just sort it out friend had dash read from it. I flashed to my dash all working now, just got to find where permanent codes or in hex and that would be tops :)
yoda67
Kicking Tyres

Postby LangasLS » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:50 pm

What do you mean by 'permanent codes'? A heap of the locations for various functions have been figured out and are in this thread.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:29 pm

LangasLS wrote:What do you mean by 'permanent codes'? A heap of the locations for various functions have been figured out and are in this thread.

When the cluster is programmed by a scantool, it stored a permanent code/fault in the cluster that says "Odo programmed". I personally dont see how this is a issue at all really. I cant imagine anyone is going to have the relevant scantool to pop onto a BA/BF ford to purposely look for this code.

Simply means, to the average joe, a new cluster was fitted from the dealership and was programmed using their tools. Well, thats what I would assume.
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Interesting to know! So on any cluster that's been zero'd and programmed you will be able to see in the DTC's that it has been programmed?
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Yes a permanent DTC is set when a zero km cluster is programmed with a scantool. This is stored in the DTC table in the eeprom. There is also a change counter, that increments evetytime you change the odometer below 100km. An example of this is dealer adds 20km on a new car, they can zero it(count 1), drive another 20km, zero again(count 2), zero again, drive another 20km zero again then the cluster will lock any further changes via obd.

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts