Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Sun May 17, 2015 1:59 am

It came with v94? That's odd.
May have a fix for it. Will PM.
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Sun May 17, 2015 2:34 am

Yep, came with V81, V86, V91 and V94. I foolishly installed v94 first thinking I may as well put the latest on first, it said the VCM II software was out of date and to update it...had been cacktus ever since!
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun May 17, 2015 12:46 pm

LangasLS wrote:Yep, came with V81, V86, V91 and V94. I foolishly installed v94 first thinking I may as well put the latest on first, it said the VCM II software was out of date and to update it...had been cacktus ever since!

Ahhhh.. Yeeeeeep. Sounds about right.

Seems theres a someone out there that can change the serials on these units to 'legit' ones, seems to solve all issues. The reason they fail is because it checks if the serial is banned, then does something to the unit if it confirms it is a banned serial
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 am

Thats now 3 people down for the count. :(

To be honest, its not worth risking updating to the latest IDS unless you know what your doing. With my unit (not sure about everyone elses) it specifically says do not update and use the oldest version supplied (v86).
It unfortunately turns the VCM into a lovely expensive brick if updating.
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Mon May 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Note to self when and IF i get one of these VCM's DO NOT USE anything other than IDS V86 and DO NOT update the firmware i really don't want a expensive brick!

At this stage could still be a while off getting one anyway sadly, Need another car for work so i can take the XR off the road, do some work on the and get her fixed up!

Off topic got a quote to do diff bushes in the BA, Days work and $900, with me supplying the bushes.
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Well, at the rate I'm going, I might be purchasing a few units. May need some backups after the minor (maybe major) hacking on the vcm.

$900... Just wow. Could buy a nice car jack, car stands, car ramps and a carton of beer for afterwards for that! ;)
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Tue May 19, 2015 8:21 am

So any way to un-brick the units? wonder if the seller could offer any advice there?

Who actually has a ba/bf falcon there playing with not just the clusters :P and PCM!
What scan tool software are you's using i primarily like to use forscan in the car ( would on the bench if it didnt error out) seems to do all i need with a OBD2 Bluetooth device except i cant bench test with it because i think it looks for the PCM, its updated regularly too with new features. i noticed the last up date gave the ability to test the cluster and other modules, down side is the rpm test only goes to 5k :roll:
you had a pcm and cluster on the bench didnt you tazzi? wondering if you'd check it out, its not as featured as the VCM and IDS but seemingly does the job.

Should get myself a bench PCM!
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby LangasLS » Tue May 19, 2015 6:53 pm

I sort of managed to unbrick mine with v91.05 without the micro SD card installed. I've just got to sort out a VM Ware image (when I get time) and I'll be back on board to have a play!

I just had the diff bushes done in my BF XR6T - cost me $300 with me supplying the bushes. $900 is way too much.
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 pm

LangasLS wrote:I sort of managed to unbrick mine with v91.05 without the micro SD card installed. I've just got to sort out a VM Ware image (when I get time) and I'll be back on board to have a play!

I just had the diff bushes done in my BF XR6T - cost me $300 with me supplying the bushes. $900 is way too much.

I think taking a peak onto the micro SD card could be good choice.

Im *fairly* certain the card is formatted in a linux format so need to try read it out in a linux machine. (Cues up linux virtual machine)

Might be able to make this magical serial number blacklisting disappear ;)
TazzI

Postby LangasLS » Sun May 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Has anyone had a play with an FPV cluster yet? I'm keen to have a crack at the shift alert on my BF XR6T :-)
LangasLS
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts