Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Well it happened.. bought a BA XR8. :lol:

Couldnt say no to the offer so looks like we are starting with the BA/BF's first.. then moving up to the FG!

Ill grab some logs while the car is running tomorrow.. see if we cant get the clusters working happily on bench with nothing :)

need to buy one of those colour iccs as well!
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Got my BF FPV cluster sitting on my bench arrived Wednesday :D . Haven't pulled the chip off to get a read as yet, but have had a small play with it over OBD commands.

I think i have found the location via OBD of the ABS/Brake fail via can. i discovered this by changing the last little bits on the end to the same as a ba one and lights went out.

BF cluster gave reply of 61 03 03 0C, changed that to 03 03 00 and the ABS/ brake fail lights went out, changed it back and they came back on. Already have the right light displaying for the traction control.

Congrats on your purchace tazzi cant wait to see some of your logs.

MY beast is off the road at the moment, went a but cray cray with changes to the cooler ducting and need a proper tune, and still the bushes in the back.
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Bf clusters use two bytes to change settings in the cluster. Features are
Seatbelt warning
Traction
Dsc
Brake fail via can
Abs via can
Police mode
Diff lock
Hill descent
And on fpvs shift alert

Fpvs need additional changes in the eeprom to enable shift alert. You can also change cluster from low to high and vice versa , turn on or off auto lights

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:00 pm

I'm currently playing with a BF fpv cluster
Seatbelt warning
Traction
and police mode are all in the first bytes
01 seat belt,
02 traction,
03 seat + trac,
04 police mode
05 Police mode + seat belt
06 Police mode + seat + trac
07 All of the above

I think i found some of the 2nd byte with the ABS and brake fail via can
0C = ABS/Brake fail via can
00 = ABS/Brake fail Via wired

I'm currently playing with a BF fpv cluster
might have to have a bit more of a play, hopefully don't get too stuck this cluster has to end up in my BA

so all of the features enabling and changing can be done via OBD thats good to know.
i thought the auto headlights would have been through the BCM.
Can the delay of the headlights be changed? like ign off lights off not the timed setting?

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby aumatt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:06 pm

rob, when i say auto lights i mean having the cluster work with or without auto lights.

each bit of those bytes correlate to each individual function. if the byte i a one then that function is set, if its a zero its off

matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby Peter7 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 am

Robertau wrote:Can the delay of the headlights be changed? like ign off lights off not the timed setting?
Rob

Yes, you can as I remember. With IDS/VCM2 from module programming, then personalize settings or exterior light -don't remember exactly.
Peter7
Newbie Modder

Postby Robertau » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:08 am

Peter7 wrote:
Robertau wrote:Can the delay of the headlights be changed? like ign off lights off not the timed setting?
Rob

Yes, you can as I remember. With IDS/VCM2 from module programming, then personalize settings or exterior light -don't remember exactly.

Knew it could be done with VCM2 and IDS, i was hoping to be able to do it in terminal with my elm as i dont have a VCM2 yet, sounds like its on the cards though.

Tazzi, did you have a PCM/ECU hooked up on the bench What wires are used my studying says its all in EEC B connector

pins VPWR B34, B46 to 12V "switched"
KAPWR B40 toc 12v,
B10 case gnd, B01, B11,12,23 PWR GND all to ground

is there any I'm missing to power it up

hopefully have something hooked up on the bench soon myself just waiting on plugs>

I have found a program that can apparently do pats (I'm assuming with a elm), the only thing required is a extended license will report back with more info after i have had a play.
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Robertau wrote:Tazzi, did you have a PCM/ECU hooked up on the bench ?

Not yet, I havent powered up the BA ECU I have here. I was hoping to get the ECU plugs so make life a bit easier.

Figured now with the XR8 out front, can just use the responses from that until I suss out a plug or put together my own makeshift plug for the BA/BF ECU's.
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:36 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:Tazzi, did you have a PCM/ECU hooked up on the bench ?

Not yet, I havent powered up the BA ECU I have here. I was hoping to get the ECU plugs so make life a bit easier.

Figured now with the XR8 out front, can just use the responses from that until I suss out a plug or put together my own makeshift plug for the BA/BF ECU's.

no worries, The plugs make life allot easier, i'm in the same boat with PCM plugs but do have some on the way ( managed to get a seller to include the PCM plugs) with a HIM module im getting to play with
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:03 am

Ill grab the wiring diagrams, and see if I can make heads or tails for what we need to get this up and going on the bench.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts