Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA Falcon Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby Peter7 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Robertau wrote:I have found a program that can apparently do pats (I'm assuming with a elm), the only thing required is a extended license will report back with more info after i have had a play.

Are you talking about mini-VCM and FoCOM?
Peter7
Newbie Modder

Postby Robertau » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Peter7 wrote:
Robertau wrote:I have found a program that can apparently do pats (I'm assuming with a elm), the only thing required is a extended license will report back with more info after i have had a play.

Nope Elm327 and ForScan (with the extended License), the program claims to have the ability to do pats.
in the forums there few people have programmed new keys in when they only had one key.

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:52 am

Robertau wrote:
Peter7 wrote:

Nope Elm327 and ForScan (with the extended License), the program claims to have the ability to do pats.
in the forums there few people have programmed new keys in when they only had one key.

Rob

Interesting....
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:02 am

I thought I read something about ForScan connecting to a website to acquire the Pats approval. Something like that.
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:59 pm

TazzI wrote:I thought I read something about ForScan connecting to a website to acquire the Pats approval. Something like that.

Not sure on that. Know it said in the forums there regarding the Extended license, that you may get asked for IN/OUT codes. They provide a link to somewhere that helps with that.
Kind of hoping it dont want to connect, my "Lab* PC**" (Lounge room* old desktop running xp**) isnt connected to the internet, use a flash drive to transfer to and from it :!:

Ill know more in the next week or the week after. once i module up with another BCM/keys. plan on changing my BA column to BF because there better.

so far i have managed to immobilize a module or 2 :lol: from not using the right keys (had no original keys to the BCM i was using) Forscan even tells me i need a original in the "ignition". will have to get a PIC of my bench at some point.
My Tuner should be able to fix that when i take the car to him sometime. (or i end up with a useless spare). :lol:

I'll just leave this here for the fun of it
Fuel gauge level
2F 61 85 07 FF (full tank ish)

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:31 pm

hmmm.. so I installed a premium colour screen ICC today into the xr8. Looks great! :D

But now the instrument cluster has actually changed, and it no longer display the doors in the bottom left of the screen. but now has fuel usage ect.

Now the doors open light up the top right is stuck on, so Im not sure if thats a setting in the cluster, or a setting in the ICC that needs to be changed to fix it. I would assume cluster but I havent changed anything in the cluster so its a bit odd!.Im thinking DS may have written some sort of default cluster configuration which is not correct

Any thoughts?
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:04 pm

TazzI wrote:hmmm.. so I installed a premium colour screen ICC today into the xr8. Looks great! :D

But now the instrument cluster has actually changed, and it no longer display the doors in the bottom left of the screen. but now has fuel usage ect.

Now the doors open light up the top right is stuck on, so Im not sure if thats a setting in the cluster, or a setting in the ICC that needs to be changed to fix it. I would assume cluster but I havent changed anything in the cluster so its a bit odd!.Im thinking DS may have written some sort of default cluster configuration which is not correct

Any thoughts?

Those premium ICC's do look sweet hey, the one i have came out of a BF Fairlane so is piano black.

Strange that the cluster has changed, never herd of that happening before. without changing it over.

what happens if you drop the original ICC back in? does the cluster change back?

Did you change BCM's as well?

the light in the top right? the one in the back? if the one in the back the switch hasnt been switched has it?

I thought all the interior light settings were in the BCM.

Sounds like IDS has done something other than code the radio/icc in.

Probably no useful info in here and you have probably checked all this anyway :) Hope you have luck sorting it out.

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:38 am

Robertau wrote:Those premium ICC's do look sweet hey, the one i have came out of a BF Fairlane so is piano black.

Ahhh they look good.
I have the molten silver (I think thats its name). It matches the silver inserts on the passenger and drivers side. Ill grab some pics later.
On a side note, any clue how to use the rear video input? Does it instantly display when you input a signal, or do you need to click a button?

Robertau wrote:Strange that the cluster has changed, never herd of that happening before. without changing it over.

As for the cluster changing, Im sure it has since myself and my old man instantly looked at it and now it displays differently.
Ill have to power up a bunch of BA/BF clusters here to compare. I was wondering if the ICC was outputting a "high series" communication that the cluster picks up and displays? Otherwise I must have clicked on something else :lol: .. I took logs of the communication during the entire time so will have to analyse and find any cluster commands.

Robertau wrote:what happens if you drop the original ICC back in? does the cluster change back?
Did you change BCM's as well?
the light in the top right? the one in the back? if the one in the back the switch hasnt been switched has it?

I did that originally.. because I didnt change the BEM, so the car wouldnt start or lock! Should have seen the old mans face :lol:
Swapped out the BEM's with the original, and car started and locked again.

Its the interior light on the roof that was changed. Its actually a weird muck around to fix it as youll read below!

Robertau wrote:I thought all the interior light settings were in the BCM.
Sounds like IDS has done something other than code the radio/icc in.
Probably no useful info in here and you have probably checked all this anyway :) Hope you have luck sorting it out.

Rob

I had the roof interior light unplugged when installing the ICC. Then plugged in a new led interior light while doors where open, then started the car. This is when I noticed the top right LED with the doors open symbol on.

So to fix. I opened the doors, pulled out the interior fitting, closed doors, put fitting back in, clicked on the lamp button on ICC, opened doors, started car then closed again :lol:

Now it seems to all be hunky dorey! Somehow it got it self all confused. I dont see how the interior light should affect it but it did somehow!
TazzI

Postby aumatt » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:04 pm

The LCDs in the High Series and Low Series Clusters are completely different and cannot change by themselves. The door ajar in the LCD section is only available on High Series Clusters whereas low series just get the illuminated jewel instead.

Cheers

Matt
aumatt
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:02 am

aumatt wrote:The LCDs in the High Series and Low Series Clusters are completely different and cannot change by themselves. The door ajar in the LCD section is only available on High Series Clusters whereas low series just get the illuminated jewel instead.

I must be losing my mind :lol:
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts