Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Can anyone guess what happens when you forget to put the voltage regulator down from 14v to 5v? :lol:

This was going to be inserted inside the headunit... but... its a tad cooked now.
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 pm

TazzI wrote:Can anyone guess what happens when you forget to put the voltage regulator down from 14v to 5v? :lol:

This was going to be inserted inside the headunit... but... its a tad cooked now.

I really dont need to guess, i know what happens!
You let that magic blue smoke out that smells really rancid, that makes electronics work. :lol:

my golly i feel hammered! lets just say long days of work and the last hours after 4 involve a beverage.

may edit somwe of this when im soberere

TRob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:47 pm

Sorry i didn't post this earlier, got really sidetracked with a little side project.

Anyway, i redid my under radio fascia to include a boost gauge (can you guess the side project yet?), grabbed some pics of the ASL unit while i was there (i've had these on my phone since the 25th lol)

Sorry for all the pics in advance :)

The unit

Inside (alot with my damaged plug delete/direct solder job)

ICC Plug (damaged thanks to previous owner who ruined the wiring)

And where i hide the thing

And my camera mount (cause i hated the idea of screwing one in - actually an ebay special camera made for a Focus, it was close to the size/shape of the falcon one, just had to make a small spacer that ran down 2 of the edges with a "springy bit", bit of sikaflex to keep water out, done)

Didn't take a pic of the camera on screen, but looks rather like Tazzi's

Further, Fascia pics :)
Before

After

oh and i did a black hoodliner to go with it all (since mine fell down at the rear too a point where the reverse camera was nearly my only method of seeing out the rear!)

/imgspamfinish
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:27 pm

loL. looking good!.

The wiring with the white heat shrink. Did you do that or ASL?
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:19 pm

lets see howe i go here

os this box will plug into my icc with the square plug, the satnav;'s square plug will plug in to the box the reverswe camera plus in toi the box and all is good.
tha satnav always works untill im in reverse? and then tere is still a aux input or what?

ROb
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:57 am

Robertau wrote:lets see howe i go here

os this box will plug into my icc with the square plug, the satnav;'s square plug will plug in to the box the reverswe camera plus in toi the box and all is good.
tha satnav always works untill im in reverse? and then tere is still a aux input or what?

ROb

Sounds about right.

Theres three inputs that can be happening..
1) Factory nav
2) Camera input
3) Auxiliary input

The factory nav is pretty old and useless really. Having to use a remote to navigate ect is extremely frustrating.

When reverse is selected, it kicks in and displays the "camera" output. The "Aux" is another output that you can connect something else, like a DVD player or carPC. :D
TazzI

Postby GoFastBits » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:17 pm

TazzI wrote:loL. looking good!.

The wiring with the white heat shrink. Did you do that or ASL?

No i did that, thats where the last owner of the box destroyed the plug (both sides, not really sure how he did it tbh), left me with little option other than to direct solder it to the board to get it working again
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:28 pm

GoFastBits wrote:No i did that, thats where the last owner of the box destroyed the plug (both sides, not really sure how he did it tbh), left me with little option other than to direct solder it to the board to get it working again

Ah right. Last owner must have been a bit rough handed with it then. Wouldnt have thought so for the price of those units alone.

Did a bit of a hack job today to wire in a second camera hooked up to one of my micros, which would switch to the front camera after clicking a button connected to one of the micros inputs. Stoked it worked first go!
Im going to grab some quick logs tonight of clicking the menu button.. and hopefully.. if I stare at enough lines... Ill spot the menu button click command. Will chuck up a couple logs if anyones interested.

So if all goes according to plan.. should be able to enable a secondary output using the micro after click menu twice. ;)
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Quick log while in the BA. I clicked the menu button a good billion times but couldnt see and changes from it... might be 29bit CAN... hmm.. Ill have to look later since its too hot currently.

I did also click the locking and center light display buttons. I believe I do see the commands for those clear as day.

Think the door locking was: 307 00 00 00 C0 00 FF FF 1F
So looks like bits 6 and 7 enabled to lock/unlock the doors (C0).

And the interior light was: 307 00 00 00 A0 00 FF FF 1F
So bits 5 and 7 enabled turn center light on and off.

Makes me wonder what other combinations do what...
Id take a stab at trying 81,82,84,88 and 90. I believe they could have interesting results!

Ill focus on 29bit can next and see if I can spot the menu command... assuming that is sent over the bus..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Ah on second thought... there would be no reason to broadcast the menu button being clicked... only the radio needs to know about it so its a waste of time sending it to the bus.. :?

Maybe car lock/unlock or interior light click will be the go.

The light click is a shit load less annoying sooooo.. Ill throw together some quick coding and get the micro in car. Front cam should enable instantly upon double click within 2seconds.

Could actually have multiple inputs going to the single video line.. and select each one using the micro. So double tapping lights could be DVD, double door is front cam.

See what else we can Jam into this dash :lol:
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts