Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby Robertau » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:10 pm

TazzI wrote:Ah on second thought... there would be no reason to broadcast the menu button being clicked... only the radio needs to know about it so its a waste of time sending it to the bus.. :?

Maybe car lock/unlock or interior light click will be the go.

The light click is a shit load less annoying sooooo.. Ill throw together some quick coding and get the micro in car. Front cam should enable instantly upon double click within 2seconds.

Could actually have multiple inputs going to the single video line.. and select each one using the micro. So double tapping lights could be DVD, double door is front cam.

See what else we can Jam into this dash :lol:

Cluster brightness button?
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Robertau wrote:Cluster brightness button?

Will give that one a whirl in a moment!
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Sweet. Few more which will work.

307 00 00 00 90 00 FF FF 1F - Traction on/off
307 00 00 00 C0 00 FF FF 1F - Door lock/unlock
307 00 00 00 A0 00 FF FF 1F - Interior Light on/off
307 80 00 00 80 00 FF FF 1F - A/C on/off
307 00 10 00 80 00 FF FF 1F - OFF
307 00 20 00 80 00 FF FF 1F - AUTO
307 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 1F - Sends other devices to turn off.. occurs when ignition turned off
307 00 00 00 80 00 FF FF 1F - Constantly sent with ignition on
307 00 00 00 20 00 FF FF 1F - ignition off, pressing traction
307 20 00 00 80 00 FF FF 1F - Demister on/off

Verified it works on the micro, can turn an LED on and off when pressing a specific button on the radio 8-)
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 am

Round two!

Few items rolled up today. Was like a kid in a candy store opening everything up. :lol:

Got a few devices to test out including a couple different reverse cameras for the front cam, DVD player, iphone/Android screen viewer ect.

Next is to find a suitable place for a DVD player. Im thinking the inside of the glove box will be suitable as theres not much more space anywhere else. Same goes for anything else behind the dash. Its all squeezing in... just..

OH! And another weird finding, fitted colour ICC to a 2007 BF, which had a single zone unit and configured for single zone. Reconfigured for dual... and... the full dual zone is actually working :lol:
32 degs on the passenger and 17deg on driver... maybe Ford just chucked in dual into all very late models?
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Thinking about hiding one of these away in the glove box myself !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331661017279 ... EBIDX%3AIT

Little half DIN unit
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Robertau wrote:Thinking about hiding one of these away in the glove box myself !

Little half DIN unit

I saw them, I was worried about the AUTO/PAL/NTSC selection. Little confused if this means we can manually select the mode.. or it always auto detects. Since the issue may be if it decides to output PAL.
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:40 am

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:Thinking about hiding one of these away in the glove box myself !

Little half DIN unit

I saw them, I was worried about the AUTO/PAL/NTSC selection. Little confused if this means we can manually select the mode.. or it always auto detects. Since the issue may be if it decides to output PAL.

The user manual for it shows there is 3 options regarding the composite output: AUTO, PAL or NTSC :)

http://www.eonon.com/down_pdf.aspx?name=D0009_en.pdf
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Robertau » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:58 pm

TazzI wrote:

Little half DIN unit

.Think im going to give it a shot with this, pre planning now in my head the best location for grabbing power with it mounted in the glovebox, WITHOUT cutting into wires!

Plan A run the wires over to the drivers side for power, and grab Batt 12v, Acc 12v, and ground from the mobile phone plug as all 3 are right there, lust make up a little "tap loom" so the plug is still available for phone down the track. fairly simple method there.

Plan B theres spare fuse slots available in the fuse box in the car, one of the spare slots would have to line up with the ACC relay i'm sure, just find a spare on that circuit and utilise it and give it its own fuse in there, im sure there would also be a spare one in there that is 12v constant and tap into the ground right there as well. slightly harder method because of having to find and hope all the spare slots work.

i have used method B to add my aftermarket gauges so they only come on with IGN. tricky aye :lol:

Will have a probe with the meter on the weekend and see what i can find in there.

EDIT, just noticed looking at the asl converter box that looks like it goes to the mobile office connectors too.

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Robertau wrote:.Think im going to give it a shot with this, pre planning now in my head the best location for grabbing power with it mounted in the glovebox, WITHOUT cutting into wires!

Plan A run the wires over to the drivers side for power, and grab Batt 12v, Acc 12v, and ground from the mobile phone plug as all 3 are right there, lust make up a little "tap loom" so the plug is still available for phone down the track. fairly simple method there.

Plan B theres spare fuse slots available in the fuse box in the car, one of the spare slots would have to line up with the ACC relay i'm sure, just find a spare on that circuit and utilise it and give it its own fuse in there, im sure there would also be a spare one in there that is 12v constant and tap into the ground right there as well. slightly harder method because of having to find and hope all the spare slots work.

i have used method B to add my aftermarket gauges so they only come on with IGN. tricky aye :lol:

Will have a probe with the meter on the weekend and see what i can find in there.

EDIT, just noticed looking at the asl converter box that looks like it goes to the mobile office connectors too.

Rob

Plug and play all the way!! :D

Phone connector... Ill jump in the XR8 and take a pic of the plugs I see. I recall seeing one or two just sitting there before, and wondered what they were for.
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:51 am

Well ive gone and done it, brought the Half din dvd player in one of my posts above, will get into its settings and set it to NTSC permanently. I'm hoping its going to fit neatly up in the top of the glove box to keep it all neat and tidy and out of sight unless its having disks loaded. as a added bonus another video device can be hooked into the dvd player and play on the factory screen to, will have to drag out a old lappy with a rca video connector and give that a go too.

i also last night decided to get the ASL converter, which happens to do audio and video for the pricey sum of $325. Think i have decided to make it all plug and play, so will either tap the dvd player into the power wires for the converter or ill make a jump loom and just have a chain of connectors behind my fuse box. :lol:
With a little luck all should be here next weekend.

Tazzi, GoFastBits, Did your converters have the audio converter built in to it also? the one i have ordered does video and gives a 2nd and switch to switch the AUX audio. so have a little ugly switch that will need to be hidden away somewhere or will have to be changed to something that will blend in. Pics to come when i have all stuff in my hands :)

Glad to be typing in a sober state today :lol: last few posts havent really been :shock:

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts