Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:48 am

You dont have the phone connector wiring diagram on hand by anychance? I cant seem to find it in the facotry workshop manuals. Im guess there is audio signals in the plug to tap into?

Jase
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:55 pm

TazzI wrote:You dont have the phone connector wiring diagram on hand by anychance? I cant seem to find it in the facotry workshop manuals. Im guess there is audio signals in the plug to tap into?

Jase

can get the phone plug wiring sch off the fordforums page and share here if you like.

theres 2 plugs to do with the mobile phone, a blue 4 pin connector and the white 2 pin connector. the 2 pin connector has the phone audio + and - signal, and the blue 4 pin connector has 12V constant, 12V acc, ground and phone mute line.

Wiring400025im.jpg

C192, and 204
Wiring7-200035im.jpg

The AUX plug is along side all that and has a 6 pin connector with 5 pins used, right audio left audio audio ground, and the last 2 are looped back into each other for aux enable.

can dig the audio one up too for aux if needed

Rob

i may also have a 2000 page workshop manual hidden away on pdf somewhere pain to go through and use but heaps of info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Robertau wrote:Tazzi, GoFastBits, Did your converters have the audio converter built in to it also? the one i have ordered does video and gives a 2nd and switch to switch the AUX audio. so have a little ugly switch that will need to be hidden away somewhere or will have to be changed to something that will blend in. Pics to come when i have all stuff in my hands :)
Rob

No mine only does video, no audio but accepts 2 inputs, a reverse input triggered by a reverse light signal and an 2nd video feed

Which, i think from memory is either always on (like satnav input or something) or there was a toggle switch in there to manually enable/disable it, which is now gone thanks to the butcher to had this unit before me.

Theres the AUX (right in the middle there) and Entertainment system diagram also

I've got the BA and BF and Territory workshop manuals (covering i6, v8, turbo and LPG), plus the FPV Supplement (and AU2 manual for that matter) sitting in PDF form in my server if you need any wiring info/etc (Got some aftermarket wiring diagram books would all the BA/BF/Terry and FG diagrams plus Autodata access - bonus's of being an Auto Elect ay? :P)

Wouldn't mind the FG/FGX workshop manual but those havn't turned up free in the wild yet, you can pay to download them from the ford tech site but they get a personal watermark on them so they know who leaked it if it goes wild.

ps, i really gotta check back here more often :P
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:41 pm

GoFastBits wrote:
Robertau wrote:Tazzi, GoFastBits, Did your converters have the audio converter built in to it also? the one i have ordered does video and gives a 2nd and switch to switch the AUX audio. so have a little ugly switch that will need to be hidden away somewhere or will have to be changed to something that will blend in. Pics to come when i have all stuff in my hands :)
Rob

No mine only does video, no audio but accepts 2 inputs, a reverse input triggered by a reverse light signal and an 2nd video feed

Which, i think from memory is either always on (like satnav input or something) or there was a toggle switch in there to manually enable/disable it, which is now gone thanks to the butcher to had this unit before me.

Theres the AUX (right in the middle there) and Entertainment system diagram also

I've got the BA and BF and Territory workshop manuals (covering i6, v8, turbo and LPG), plus the FPV Supplement (and AU2 manual for that matter) sitting in PDF form in my server if you need any wiring info/etc (Got some aftermarket wiring diagram books would all the BA/BF/Terry and FG diagrams plus Autodata access - bonus's of being an Auto Elect ay? :P)

Wouldn't mind the FG/FGX workshop manual but those havn't turned up free in the wild yet, you can pay to download them from the ford tech site but they get a personal watermark on them so they know who leaked it if it goes wild.

ill chuck a link up of the asl converter i got on its way

http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/falcon-b ... ersion-kit

i think the audio may only be a switch setup to give you 2 inputs one for dvd and and one for ipod or something. will be able to tell more once its infront of me

Rob

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Robertau wrote:
GoFastBits wrote:
Rob

ill chuck a link up of the asl converter i got on its way

http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/falcon-b ... ersion-kit

i think the audio may only be a switch setup to give you 2 inputs one for dvd and and one for ipod or something. will be able to tell more once its infront of me

Rob

Rob

On a second look at the unit i have ordered, its likely a audio conditioner, some of the ba/bf's apparently suffered from a little engine whine and low input making you have to have all the volumes set really high to hear anything (i ve never noticed engine whine but sometimes have had to have the ipod turned up full to hear it)

also the little switch i see in the pic is single pole and wouldnt work for duel aux into one. That needs a DPDT switch.

Thanks GoFastBits have helped me work that little switch out its for selecting the aux input then!

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby GoFastBits » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:33 pm

that looks like the upgraded version of everything i've got. A combination of the AUX input with the Video converter

I've got the stand alone Video converter, Think its this one but they don't have pics http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/falcon-b ... rse-camera - lucky i picked it up so cheap off ebay haha :P

and a separate AUX Audio line conditioner http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/audio-bo ... r-charging

i've also got a Dock2Sam cable - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/dock2Sam-30p ... SwcwhVNrDs that triggers Docking mode on samsung phones, lets you use dock audio out which is better on samsungs whilst also charging)

These things only worked by increasing/amplifying the Source's input volume so you didn't need to crank the ICC up to stupid levels to hear the music (all BA/BF's had noise in the ICC with the engine running when its cranked into the high 20's, just usually with the radio/cd player the input volumes much higher so you'd never get that high without major distortion in the speakers)

A lot of people don't have issues cause they were using devices with a decent volume output, so you didn't need to crank the crap out of the volume.

The AUX unit has a pot that you can use to raise/lower the input volume, ie higher source volume at lower icc volume settings. Mine was the "ipod" version that came with a charger circuit also (i remember earlier there was one with just a headphone jack plug and no charger, dunno if they still do it), with a little toggle switch to turn the charger on/off, the charger always induces a little bit of noise into the unit its self though regardless of the pot's volume setting (seems to come in before the pot not after, so the charge noise gets amplified also ....) which has always annoyed me (stops me using one of those bluetooth senders that plug straight onto the apple dock connector), but the 3GS holds charge for like a week and charges in virtually 1 trip to work so not a big problem
GoFastBits
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:28 pm

So ASL want $50 for the duel input aux cable with the little switch to switch between the 2

asl's audio 2 in one out cable.jpg

i figured i could make the same thing myself with 2 salvaged AUX plugs from BA dash looms i had one sacrificial loom and picked up a spare aux plug in a bunch of other wires i got when i done the NAVI install. Bonus i only need the male plug that fits them and im on my way. found in my junk box a male connector from the rear lights in the boot trim of a VT commodore Double Bonus!! :D SO for the cost of a DPDT switch $2.50 at jaycar or something i can make my own cable :lol:

the Parts
DSC01850.JPG

EDIT i will use some shielded audio cable (not pictured) i got at jaycar for a previous project to run a nice shielded cable from the factory aux point to therever i mount the switch and other 2 plugs.

could say my cable will be better with all shielded cables HAHA
will upload a pic of the finished product when i'm done

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby Robertau » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm

And we have my home made audio AUX switcher-uper thinga ma jigga :lol:

DSC01851.JPG

Went to try it out in the car and some useless SOB has zip tied his already installed aux cable along with the dash loom nice and neat out the way and in what looks to be a totally inaccessible by hand area :roll:
i'm hoping i can access it with the fuse panel removed or its going to be a dash out just to fit the cable i have made *bangs head on the wall*

If it comes to dash out i guess all the new wiring for the converter and dvd player will get tied neatly in behind sooner rather than later.

Or i dont bother with the duel audio aux and just plug in via a headphone jack from the dvd..that sounds easiest at this stage!

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Right! So while I had the ignition barrel out.. I saw this little plug up in there.. not connected to anything.. any ideas??

Also tried to locate where the hell the Aux plug connector is.. its literally non existent! :lol:
I know its got a plug connected to it so Im also looking for the little looped wire that enables the aux.. but I see no plugs that match this.

Ill grab a picture now of what I see...
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:22 pm

So I think those two plugs are the phone connector.. 4pin and 2pin connectors there.

Annnnd... I didnt notice this plug before as its wrapped in foam.. but appears to be 6pin.. and its looping in on itself on one of the pins. I think tats the Aux plug..

TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts