Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Actually..confused myself now. Theres Bat, ACC and ignition.
Sooo... I assume ignition actual tells tell the unit whether to be alive or not. But accessories is additional power to the ICC?.

Dunno.. but the Mobil phone connector is of interest now that I know where it is. Pretty sure I got the connector during my harness scavenging.

Which also has the standard:
Yellow: Battery
Black Yellow: ACC
Black : Ground

And also the mute and audio wires but not of interest so far.

Time to start wiring!
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Robertau wrote:isnt it black for ground, black yellow for acc? thats how i have mine wired up and working.

blue in the SCH's is L im sure

Rob

OH! I was too far zoomed out. Mistook the "B" as being Blue and not Black. :lol:

Ill update my other posts now
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 pm

So I dont get confused on that again.. the wiring colour notation... :lol:
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:40 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:isnt it black for ground, black yellow for acc? thats how i have mine wired up and working.

blue in the SCH's is L im sure

Rob

OH! I was too far zoomed out. Mistook the "B" as being Blue and not Black. :lol:

Ill update my other posts now

easy to do i done it heaps reading the sch's lol

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Right so.. theres two sets of CAN wires. Ill be putting them together but guess they must normally go to different modules.

Will get a pic of it all up and going :)

*Edit

Well its fired up and going. Wants the security so will have to emulate that. Or see if I can satisfy it with a blank security somehow..

Be nice to see which dam wires controls illumination. Hard to view the screen without. (Using an old dot matrix unit currently).
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Struggling to find that damn 4pin connector for the mobile phone connector. :?

Almost to the point Im going to 3D print it!.

I can see aerpro has it part of a kit, but at about $40 for the kit, bit much just for that connector!
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:58 am

Do you mean the matching 4 pin one that fits the blue plug?
I got the one that fits the blue plug at local ford joint came out of a plastic box with a heap of them in it. That should be available at any auto store.
Or the audio aux with 6 pin locations but 5 occupied ? That in not sure where to find got mine out of the back of a commy

Rob
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:40 am

Robertau wrote:Do you mean the matching 4 pin one that fits the blue plug?
I got the one that fits the blue plug at local ford joint came out of a plastic box with a heap of them in it. That should be available at any auto store.
Or the audio aux with 6 pin locations but 5 occupied ? That in not sure where to find got mine out of the back of a commy

Rob

Yeah, finally found them!
Was lurking around Jaycar and spotted the 4pin connector. And 6pin connector is an aerpro harness so have got those covered!
TazzI

Postby Robertau » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:19 pm

TazzI wrote:
Robertau wrote:Do you mean the matching 4 pin one that fits the blue plug?

Rob

Yeah, finally found them!
Was lurking around Jaycar and spotted the 4pin connector. And 6pin connector is an aerpro harness so have got those covered!

No worries was going to say if you can't find any ill grab a couple of matching pares and post them over to you.

Your playing with a colour screen Icc aren't you?
I noticed on first boot the colour one comes up with a ford picture. I might get a pic later tonight and throw up here.
any idea if a setting change with the ford tool can change it to fpv?

Rob
Via iPhone
Robertau
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Robertau wrote:No worries was going to say if you can't find any ill grab a couple of matching pares and post them over to you.

Your playing with a colour screen Icc aren't you?
I noticed on first boot the colour one comes up with a ford picture. I might get a pic later tonight and throw up here.
any idea if a setting change with the ford tool can change it to fpv?

Rob
Via iPhone

Ah cheers! Was going to start scrolling through aerpro harnesses to find the connector If I didnt spot them at Jaycar.

Next thing on the list is finding the trailer harness 8pin connector ;) Im 100% certain I spotted that connector when scrolling through the connectors online so that should be easy enough to find. Once thats in hand, will finally have a fully plug and play reverse camera kit :D No soldering of mucking about at all at all!.

Yeah playing around with the colour screen ICC's. I havent actually gone through each byte yet over the comms to identify any goodies.
Do the FPV ICC's start up with a FPV logo?
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts