Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

BA/BF ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby Digzdirect » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 am

BLOKES.. first time poster long time learner..so this bizzo about bluetooth cameras asl boxes n stuff. Has anyone come up with a solution?? All i wanna do is cast my phone to icc. Its been done theres a vid on the tube. FORD put a stop to it as soon as it was released. Theres good posts on this subject but nothing concrete. 1. A post with an old ASL video converter thats cooked, that right theres the money shot. Has anyone replicated this? The setup ' used to go' your phone pairs with cheap wifi media streamer.. to hdmi to composite box with audio to aux port..to old asl box to icc..now dual switch cable is for FACTORY satnav..reverse cameras and an ''aux''. The factory satnav has a reverse cam input so rev cam overlays satnav into switch..feed into asl box..extra plug in old asl box was for rev cam or satnav. Asl white plug to 5pin vga.. RGB tohdmi convert must be 5 amps from phone mirror ..audio from hdmi to compo convert as 3.5 jack..stereo plus mic for hands free. Switch was for tapping satnav vid input as it underlays on screen so u had satnav or phone feed. U still had factory aux and office blue plug and that to spare. No need for pc computers codes reprogramming arcade cards and what have you. Ford didnt give the option as wireless tech hadnt evolved enough streaming wise. And bluetooth car kits were all the rage so they went cheap on the icc screen. Knowing navmans were taking over incar satnav and bluetooth over cradles. U can now make old asl boxs with rasberry pi 3 and arduino. Rasp pi 3 has wifi and micro card and usb and 3.5 jack and lcd sceeens. Obd port vitals to lcd or ya phone to icc. Ford logo on icc is ''looking for a pair'' with satnav.or oldschool phone cradles. Hense extra plug
and grounding loop and foam on aux plug. Aux was intended for hands free phone kits with bluetooth recievers. Just like asls shit parrot kits. Run a 3.5 jack instead of 2.5 and throw the ground from mic into grounding loop on plug. No wine. Pick up an old car kit take amp out. aux to that as pre amp to head unit. Two years debating conversion price to new fan dangled systems piggy backed head units dvd screens on the gear shift. Screens for head rests or ovrhead. Just screens..u now have streaming capabilities plus max hdd plug n play. Foxtel on the go. Netflix and now windows 10. U just need a phone.
Digzdirect
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Wowza, that was quite a post to read through!

Theres nothing special to the ASL video box for the BA/BF's. It converts from RCA composite to a VGA signal (RGBS) to display on screen.

Commercial high quality options can easily be purchased if bought in bulks of 100+ units at a time. Not sure if ASL's is custom made, but Id say its one of the commercial units bought in bulk.

Otherwise as found in other forums, the arcade converters can also do the job. Although have see a couple in action and the video can lose sync or get some lines through it depending on settings/power supply ect.

Wouldn't recommend the HDMI converter boxes as they are absolutely horrible quality in car. I tried with an apple TV, but the quality loss is too much plus the electrical noise (power supply is not a nice smooth input) causes more quality problems.

As for the sceen mimic for smartphones. You would need to use something like a googlecast. All the other china wifi screen mimic devices have all disappeared as they stopped working with the newest updates for apple and android devices.

Finally, raspberry PI.. thats something Iv been thinking about actually. It could prove to be a perfect implementation with a heap of work.
TazzI

Postby johno1au » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:26 pm

TazzI wrote:Wowza, that was quite a post to read through!

Theres nothing special to the ASL video box for the BA/BF's. It converts from RCA composite to a VGA signal (RGBS) to display on screen.

Commercial high quality options can easily be purchased if bought in bulks of 100+ units at a time. Not sure if ASL's is custom made, but Id say its one of the commercial units bought in bulk.

Otherwise as found in other forums, the arcade converters can also do the job. Although have see a couple in action and the video can lose sync or get some lines through it depending on settings/power supply ect.

Wouldn't recommend the HDMI converter boxes as they are absolutely horrible quality in car. I tried with an apple TV, but the quality loss is too much plus the electrical noise (power supply is not a nice smooth input) causes more quality problems.

As for the sceen mimic for smartphones. You would need to use something like a googlecast. All the other china wifi screen mimic devices have all disappeared as they stopped working with the newest updates for apple and android devices.

Finally, raspberry PI.. thats something Iv been thinking about actually. It could prove to be a perfect implementation with a heap of work.

Our ASL RGB box is custom made, designed and manufactured by us specifically for BA and FG. It is not a commercial unit.

But on the mirrorlink issue, exactly what Tazzi said, we don't offer a solution as the Mirrorboxes are useless as soon as a new firmware comes out they stop working, as soon as the chinese companies get them to work another firmware comes out and they stop working again.
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby Digzdirect » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:55 pm

https://youtu.be/FUOqAF2c-6Y shed some light bud..you made them why stop? And how was this downscaled? And use chromecast? Reputable gear
Digzdirect
Newbie Modder

Postby johno1au » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am

Digzdirect wrote:https://youtu.be/FUOqAF2c-6Y shed some light bud..you made them why stop? And how was this downscaled? And use chromecast? Reputable gear

We still do offer the ASL RGB box, but we have never offered the mirrorbox, the youtube video is showing that the guy has connected a mirrorbox he must have bought from ebay or somewhere to our ASL RGB box which is composite video (RCA) only.

Cheers
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:57 am

johno1au wrote:Our ASL RGB box is custom made, designed and manufactured by us specifically for BA and FG. It is not a commercial unit.

But on the mirrorlink issue, exactly what Tazzi said, we don't offer a solution as the Mirrorboxes are useless as soon as a new firmware comes out they stop working, as soon as the chinese companies get them to work another firmware comes out and they stop working again.

Yeah spot on. Its extremely painful since those mirrorboxes could not be updated. Only option is to use a solution from a large company that provides updates.

Ah ok, I assumed they might be a commercial unit, since Im pretty sure from pictures that were sent to me, that they used the exact same video processing chip as the commercial units , :)

I looked into a custom design, which used the dual video inputs and convert to vga. Although, by the time its manufactured, components, soldering and custom case are put together, its literally easier and cheaper to have just bought the commercial product in bulk (Which I did).
TazzI

Postby GWCTas » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:15 am

TazzI wrote:All fitted and running..
(yes... battery is low... Iv ran it flat multiple times today :lol: Also sun was just coming down, incase anyones wondering about the bright light in the screen!)

Annnnnnd... a quick video of flicking between park and drive! ;)

Hi,

I just found this forum. I have a BA Futura wagon. I am a disabled driver and was looking at a new car but nothing has the space for my wheelchair or has the Ford factory hand control system that suits me. So I'm looking at what I can do to "upgrade" the BA. I saw your ICC unit and wondered where I can buy this and have it fitted?

Thanks.
GWCTas
Newbie Modder

Postby falcs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:50 am

TazzI wrote:Spent some solid hours playing with the ICC settings... and there is literally... literally.. nothing interesting in them. :(

Figured there might be different logos stored in them, or a different trip info that could display on screen or just anything.. but.. so far theres absolutely nothing. Done a few hundred alterations without finding anything, all major 'bits' have been attempted in all available memory locations.

The only thing I could change, was to turn the time on and off on the ICC. Nothing else changes under any circumstance.
I also got a second hand unit to security link to the car using a little flash box I put together, so it can be done no dramas without Ford or any other scantools.

Looks like Iv hit the end of the rope for the BA/BF ICC's!.. Thinking its time to hit the instrument clusters or.. maybe FG headunits.

Hey Tazzl, what software/scantool did you use to enable/disable the clock on the dual zone ICC?
falcs
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 pm

falcs wrote:Hey Tazzl, what software/scantool did you use to enable/disable the clock on the dual zone ICC?

Used my own custom software and hardware like I do for all my bits and bobs. 8-)
TazzI

Previous

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts