Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby 07VESSL98 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi
Yeah i bought the ute with this already in place. yeah I think apart from the dimming which has to be done manually and the HVAC (which i think MRFPV has sorted now) the rest works well. The bluetooth music and phone is handy. I am unsure whether i would spend the money to do it myself but have it to work with now.
I do have a PDF of the wiring but im still trying to make sense of it.
I did notice on ebay there is a patch loom which states it has the cam plug included. Having the plug to work with would probably be the easiest route as I am not sure how I would go adding wires into the 24 pin plug. there doesnt appear to be the little connectors in the plug to fit a wire in the spaces without wires already.
07VESSL98
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:39 pm

07VESSL98 wrote:Hi
Yeah i bought the ute with this already in place. yeah I think apart from the dimming which has to be done manually and the HVAC (which i think MRFPV has sorted now) the rest works well. The bluetooth music and phone is handy. I am unsure whether i would spend the money to do it myself but have it to work with now.
I do have a PDF of the wiring but im still trying to make sense of it.
I did notice on ebay there is a patch loom which states it has the cam plug included. Having the plug to work with would probably be the easiest route as I am not sure how I would go adding wires into the 24 pin plug. there doesnt appear to be the little connectors in the plug to fit a wire in the spaces without wires already.

Cant go wrong with it being in the ute already! Free upgrade (Essentially).

Not sure if MRFPV does have that sorted. Might have to contact him sometime about it.
It honestly looks like it will require additional custom hardware to resolve the issue, that or a different HVAC requires reprogramming to suit that vehicle so it works correctly.

Got no idea for the above.. wont till I physically start messing with it all later this year.

As for the camera, if the plug is there, but just missing pins/wires, then you have 4 options really:
1) Take unused pins from that harness and put into the camera spot
2) Take pins from factory series2 MK2
3) Buy pins brand new off of embedded electronics store. Would require finding the plug and then the compatible pins.
4) Or get the premade harness
TazzI

Postby 07VESSL98 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Yeah I definitely dont want to return to the low level original. It actually has a full F6 interior which is good. I have made contact with someone on FG group page and he is working on a straight RCA plug extension to the MK1/MK2 patch loom so as to connect easily with generic cams.
What would be really good is to have something like torque app or GTF gauges or similar up on that screen. If it can show camera video surely it could show other stuff.
07VESSL98
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:57 am

07VESSL98 wrote:Yeah I definitely dont want to return to the low level original. It actually has a full F6 interior which is good. I have made contact with someone on FG group page and he is working on a straight RCA plug extension to the MK1/MK2 patch loom so as to connect easily with generic cams.
What would be really good is to have something like torque app or GTF gauges or similar up on that screen. If it can show camera video surely it could show other stuff.

Ah wow, quite the interior upgrade!

GTF gauges are a nice touch to the ICC's thats for sure! Pitty Ford will slam anyone down that provides that as a programming service, I believe I might have run over that info in previous page. Someone was providing a programming unlock for them but got a lovely cease and desist letter from Ford. :?
TazzI

Postby Dicko101 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:05 pm

I hope this thread is still alive, I've just picked up an 08 G6E and I'd love to have the updated ICC from the mk2.
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

Postby 07VESSL98 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah still alive. I have returned to original monochrome unit atm as i disconnected the battery for an hr to look into airbag code and now my MK2 ICC became unlinked. Not sure how to fix it but the original at least works so have something functional.
07VESSL98
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Thu May 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Yeah, Iv just started looking into the FG stuff more again actually. :)

What I found.. is the FG MK1 ICC wiring diagrams are actually an absolute pain in the ass to work off of.
The MK2 ICC diagrams actually provide a nice pinout, but MK1 doesnt, makes you need to hunt around various diagrams to work out what each pin does.

Something I found that wasnt very well explained was the actual difference between the ICC models in terms of the plugs/connections and naming.

The MK1 ICC's have TWO plugs up top.
Plug one covers comms, aux, ACM audio, ground, and battery
Plug two covers video wires (I think?). Since the factory manual from ford doesnt actually provide a nice pinout for this.. it shows the plug but no pinout!

The MK2 ICC's have ONE plug up top.
This covers the same as MK1, plus illumination, tail lamp, mic and camera.

Then FG-X, has completely different plugs all together, and will need a custom harness for everything.
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Sat May 06, 2017 11:23 am

The plugs for the mk 1 icc are different between colour and monochrome screen

Monochome has 1 plug for the icc

Colour icc has 2 plugs one for the icc it's self the other plug (small) is for reverse camera and factory navigation.

The Main plug on the colour icc is for can bus,power,illumination ect

The Aux/Ipod side comes the the ACM side not the screen it's self

99.9% of the mk1 & mk2 icc are wired up the same main issue between them is the canbus side. Only difference in wiring is at the ACM for the AUX mk2 have 2 AUX one for the touch "beep" other is for music. After having the MK2 icc in my MK1 i am very tempted to go back to the mk1 icc as im getting over the HIM module not working 100%. Even with the him fix i'm still getting hot air when set on 20.

I
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 am

fg6e wrote:The plugs for the mk 1 icc are different between colour and monochrome screen

Monochome has 1 plug for the icc

Colour icc has 2 plugs one for the icc it's self the other plug (small) is for reverse camera and factory navigation.

The Main plug on the colour icc is for can bus,power,illumination ect

The Aux/Ipod side comes the the ACM side not the screen it's self

99.9% of the mk1 & mk2 icc are wired up the same main issue between them is the canbus side. Only difference in wiring is at the ACM for the AUX mk2 have 2 AUX one for the touch "beep" other is for music. After having the MK2 icc in my MK1 i am very tempted to go back to the mk1 icc as im getting over the HIM module not working 100%. Even with the him fix i'm still getting hot air when set on 20.

I

Good information right there.

Ahhhh right, I saw the two aux connections in the MK2's, I was unsure what that was all about. Id assume tieing both together may work, depends on the internal setup of the ICC. Some modern devices (Especially bluetooth) ground out the audio lines when not in use to prevent static.

What did you do for your HIM fix? Changed HIM to MK2 and added a resistor?
TazzI

Postby Dicko101 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:11 pm

So it looks like we're getting close then, hopefully someone can solve the few issues that are getting in the way. I wish I could help but I don't know anything about these systems, I'm itching to get a mk2 ICC in my car.
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts