Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby fg6e » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Tazzl mate both my FG MK2 XR & FPV cluster do send a command to wake up the sync. I had both of these plugged in to my SZ MK2 yesterday both worked. The FG MK1 cluster did nothing at all.

I'm more then happy to purchase a can bus module from you if you can get it working.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby zyxabc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:30 pm

hi guys just seein if someone might be able to help

I have a 2012 fg mkII lpi which had the monochrome screen

i bought coloured touch lcd from ebay and installed it (gt it activated and so forth) (its a fpv logo one)

all was was working fine for many months

howeve rrecently whilst doing some repairs on the car i unplugged the battery, the next time when i turne don the car it was stuck on the logo. everythign still works including heat, sound and so forth, just stuck on fpv logo forever

also after turning off the ignition, screen stays on, the only way to turn it off is to remove the icc fuse.

have tried the icc in my brothers xr6 and get the same result just stuck on logo.

when we took it to ford dealership to try flash they couldnt access the icc.
zyxabc
Newbie Modder

Postby fg6e » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:17 pm

zyxabc wrote:hi guys just seein if someone might be able to help

I have a 2012 fg mkII lpi which had the monochrome screen

i bought coloured touch lcd from ebay and installed it (gt it activated and so forth) (its a fpv logo one)

all was was working fine for many months

howeve rrecently whilst doing some repairs on the car i unplugged the battery, the next time when i turne don the car it was stuck on the logo. everythign still works including heat, sound and so forth, just stuck on fpv logo forever

also after turning off the ignition, screen stays on, the only way to turn it off is to remove the icc fuse.

have tried the icc in my brothers xr6 and get the same result just stuck on logo.

when we took it to ford dealership to try flash they couldnt access the icc.

Sound like the screen is damaged only way to fix your problem is a whole icc or try asl for a screen repair
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Jeffdav

I have found the command to up the keyless play to an hour (up from 20 minutes) Do you have a elm247 ? You can change this through forscan mate
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 pm

60min is quite a big upgrade over 20mins. Most drives are under 60mins for alot of people :D
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 pm

This should do it
7D0-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Stereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins

Haven't tried it tho as i don't have MS CAN access in my current setup.... but i finally figured out why.

Looks like the FGX wiring has the HS2-CAN in place of the MS-Can, the SLDC must add the MS CAN data to the diagnostics port ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Spot on with the radio i'll try this on the weekend in my territory. As for the SDLC looks like it does run the ms can bus side of things according to the can bus wiring in the workshop manual
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:35 pm

fg6e wrote:Spot on with the radio i'll try this on the weekend in my territory. As for the SDLC looks like it does run the ms can bus side of things according to the can bus wiring in the workshop manual

Scantool <--> SDLC <--> Rest of Car

I *think*, the scantool will always run at highspeed CAN (500kb/s) when communicating to the SDLC, even when communicating to the MS Pins (3,11).

For example, We send a simple command over the MS Pins to the SDLC of: 7D0 01 20
(The above is a simple request for 'are you present' to the headunit)

The SDLC then does the hard work, figures out which of the comms it needs to send the command, and then sends it at the correct speed if required (Such as standard MS CAN speed).

Any responses back from the module will be picked up by the SDLC, and spat back out on the MS Pins to the scantool.

What Im unsure about, is if any special commands need to be sent to the SDLC first to tell it which 'route' to take to send the command. Or, if it simple sends all commands.. over all CANs it has connected for those pins.

TazzI

Postby TazzI » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Reading the above passage from the manual, and also looking at the image below. I think the SDLC literally passes all messages from MS, HS3 and HS2 through to the scantools standard MS CAN pins (3,11).

So sending a command from a scantool to the SDLC, will then result in the same command sent to MS, HS3 and HS2.
This also means, absolutely everything being sent over those 3 bus lines will be merged and spat back out at the scantool side.

If the above is right, then it would make sense that everything from the scantool to the SDLC would be sent at highspeed (500kb/s), even on the MS can pins from scantool to SDLC, as it would be too much traffic for Mid speed.

TazzI

Postby fg6e » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:07 pm

From what i know of the gateway module (SDLC) it does send all mid and high speed canbus through it. But there is a seperate 4 pin connector that does give you access to the mid can bus.

How are going with the sync system Tazzl ?
fg6e
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts