Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby Boss335gt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Wow, you guys are amazing. I went down the route of Fg-X looms and modules front to back into my FG about 9 months ago. Works terrific and totally transformed the car. What does it take to run a Sync2 ICC outside of a vehicle ? Anyone contemplating upgrading to Sync3 out of a Focus or Ford Ranger? And is there a way to increase the volume of the Sync2 ICC, such as incorporating a Sony chipset like they do in overseas models?
Boss335gt
Newbie Modder

Postby fg6e » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Boss335gt wrote:Wow, you guys are amazing. I went down the route of Fg-X looms and modules front to back into my FG about 9 months ago. Works terrific and totally transformed the car. What does it take to run a Sync2 ICC outside of a vehicle ? Anyone contemplating upgrading to Sync3 out of a Focus or Ford Ranger? And is there a way to increase the volume of the Sync2 ICC, such as incorporating a Sony chipset like they do in overseas models?

With sync 3 still new to Australia it's hard to track down a cheap screen at the moment.

Regarding the sound quality of the sync 2 in the FGX is quite low what is interesting the same radio in the SZ MK2 Territory's is pretty decent and loud compared to the FGX.

From what i know the sony system is just speakers and amp configured for the sync system.

Going all out with looms and modules is quite of an achievement how did you go with sorting out the transmission ? I know they all run different software regardless of models.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:24 pm

JeffDav wrote:This should do it
7D0-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Stereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins

Haven't tried it tho as i don't have MS CAN access in my current setup.... but i finally figured out why.

Looks like the FGX wiring has the HS2-CAN in place of the MS-Can, the SLDC must add the MS CAN data to the diagnostics port ?

I can confirm this does work did the territory tonight worked perfect.

Word of warning screen will go blank and reboot up approx 1 -2 minutes.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby Boss335gt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 pm

fg6e wrote:
Boss335gt wrote:Wow, you guys are amazing. I went down the route of Fg-X looms and modules front to back into my FG about 9 months ago. Works terrific and totally transformed the car. What does it take to run a Sync2 ICC outside of a vehicle ? Anyone contemplating upgrading to Sync3 out of a Focus or Ford Ranger? And is there a way to increase the volume of the Sync2 ICC, such as incorporating a Sony chipset like they do in overseas models?

With sync 3 still new to Australia it's hard to track down a cheap screen at the moment.

Regarding the sound quality of the sync 2 in the FGX is quite low what is interesting the same radio in the SZ MK2 Territory's is pretty decent and loud compared to the FGX.

From what i know the sony system is just speakers and amp configured for the sync system.

Going all out with looms and modules is quite of an achievement how did you go with sorting out the transmission ? I know they all run different software regardless of models.

Bought an entire smashed nsw HWP xr6t, and installed it's transmission to avoid headaches. Sold the engine and kept the FG one to recoup some costs, as they are the same engine with same part numbers anyway. Interesting to see that that SZ2 territory had better sound compared to an FG-X. Is there an auxiliary amp in the territory ? Maybe different speakers ?
Boss335gt
Newbie Modder

Postby fg6e » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:03 pm

FGX ICC is finally in all working besides parking aid as JeffDav said before i'll look in to this down the track. Everything is working including emergency assist. Pretty happy with the result just need to get this to turn on with the ignition hopefully this can be sorted down the track. Only issue i got when i first turn the car on was the parking aid fault going nuts this was solved by disconnecting it.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby Dicko101 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Hey everyone, for some reason I stopped getting emails from this thread a while back, can anyone give me a brief update on whether we have a working mk1 premium ICC to mk2 or fgx upgrade? I'd love to do a swap if it has had the bugs sorted, thanks for any info.
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Dicko101 wrote:Hey everyone, for some reason I stopped getting emails from this thread a while back, can anyone give me a brief update on whether we have a working mk1 premium ICC to mk2 or fgx upgrade? I'd love to do a swap if it has had the bugs sorted, thanks for any info.

Both FG MK2 & FGX icc's both work in a MK1 but both still have small issues with them.

Tazzl - I have tried a Mk2 cluster in my FG MK1 and it does "wake it up" so the command is in the cluster

Also i have left my Mk1 him in the car as everything seems to be working including the recirc just outside temp is wrong.

Next thing to get working is the camera and the parking aid which i'll do during the week.

Any updates guys on your progress ?
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:40 pm

JeffDav wrote:This should do it
7D0-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Stereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins

Haven't tried it tho as i don't have MS CAN access in my current setup.... but i finally figured out why.

Looks like the FGX wiring has the HS2-CAN in place of the MS-Can, the SLDC must add the MS CAN data to the diagnostics port ?

You cannot access MS CAN via the DLC or anything on the MS Side of canbus after doing this both Forscan & Ford IDS cannot access the BEM or Cluster. So i assume the FGX cluster must read the MS can bus via the gateway module.

Since i can access the BEM in a FGX IDS session and not on a FG MK1 session

I have made up a loom which i can hopefully use that will access the MS can and think the car is stock so i can turn off the RSS Fault.

After plugging in a FGX Parking Module the car will immobilize so i guess no parking sensors. As for the reverse camera i have ordered a canbus module that will hopefully give me a reverse camera.

I have also added some nice equalizer settings to the APIM which has made a pretty decent sound difference.

The only thing that really needs to be sorted is turning the radio on with the key
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Hmm.. fired up a MK2 Cluster and BEM with the Sync2 on bench.. yet still receiving the battery saver warning.

Must be missing a power wire somewhere, going through and redoing the wiring as we speak...

TazzI

Postby TazzI » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:53 pm

PCM, BEM, Cluster and Sync2 fired up on bench.. still getting the same warning.

Went over the entire Power Saver circuit from the BEM and have that all set up correctly.

At a bit if a loss to get it powering up correctly on the bench! Must be missing something...

Has anyone else fired up the Sync2 by itself on the bench with nothing connected? Just want to see if the problem lies with other modules being needed, or if its a wiring related issue.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts