Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby fg6e » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:00 pm

JeffDav wrote:Yeah camera is an interesting one....

Only way i could get it going is with a FGX PCM, BEM, and IC connected. take away any one of them and no camera activation. I'm guessing they all play a part in relaying a message to the APIM.

This seems odd since all manual FGX use a FG MK2 PCM.

Do you get any error message on the Apim if you remove the PCM for the camera ?
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 pm

fg6e wrote:

Only way i could get it going is with a FGX PCM, BEM, and IC connected. take away any one of them and no camera activation. I'm guessing they all play a part in relaying a message to the APIM.

I'm currently running a MK1 system (Auto), Not too sure about errors as i don't pickup the APIM unless i plugin all the FGX gear.

May be a case of picking up the message for the current gear and translating it into whatever the APIM wants to see to trigger reverse
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 pm

JeffDav wrote:
fg6e wrote:

I'm currently running a MK1 system (Auto), Not too sure about errors as i don't pickup the APIM unless i plugin all the FGX gear.

May be a case of picking up the message for the current gear and translating it into whatever the APIM wants to see to trigger reverse

I'm the same MK1 Auto even with a aftermarket canbus module for the camera it still wont trigger.

But i know all Manual & 4 Cyl Falcons use the same PCM as a MK2. Same with Diesel Territory's.

I have tried 2 different numbers in the APIM to change the as built data still nothing i'll have another play on the weekend.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:37 am

JeffDav wrote:I'm currently running a MK1 system (Auto), Not too sure about errors as i don't pickup the APIM unless i plugin all the FGX gear.

Hmm... ok so at least knowing fitting all that does actually make the reverse option work. Likely be a case of picking up the message for the current gear and translating it into whatever the APIM wants to see to trigger reverse

I *think* the BEM or PCM outputs a different message, which means the cluster searches for a different message to 'convert' to mid speed which is finally picked up by the ICC.

The gear message would likely be broadcasted all the time, its how the clusters know what gear to display, same with engine speed, revs, temp ect.
TazzI

Postby Dicko101 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 am

Hey guys I know this might be off topic, but I know you guys are the best to ask, is there a reasonably accessible location to access all four speaker wires in one location? Or can you tell me the easiest place to find them? Thanks guys
Dicko101
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:53 am

Im not sure so this isnt an exact answer.

But since the audio plugs are in the rear of the units, you will need to access from both passenger and driver sides. Since the audio lines for both sides will run across there.

So its not all wires in one spot.. but shouldn't really matter.
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Dicko101 wrote:Hey guys I know this might be off topic, but I know you guys are the best to ask, is there a reasonably accessible location to access all four speaker wires in one location? Or can you tell me the easiest place to find them? Thanks guys

Best place to access them is in the A-pillar if you remove both LH & RH kick panels and you can get the speaker wires that way
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 pm

TazzI wrote:
JeffDav wrote:I'm currently running a MK1 system (Auto), Not too sure about errors as i don't pickup the APIM unless i plugin all the FGX gear.

Hmm... ok so at least knowing fitting all that does actually make the reverse option work. Likely be a case of picking up the message for the current gear and translating it into whatever the APIM wants to see to trigger reverse

I *think* the BEM or PCM outputs a different message, which means the cluster searches for a different message to 'convert' to mid speed which is finally picked up by the ICC.

The gear message would likely be broadcasted all the time, its how the clusters know what gear to display, same with engine speed, revs, temp ect.

I know by accessing BEM PID data on the ford ids system in a FGX session it comes up with UNKNOWN for trans gear.

Another thing i noticed when you plug a MK2 cluster in now with the SDLC module connected i am not getting some errors showing up on the cluster & cannot access the cluster via IDS or Forscan.

From what i can see Fg MK1 cluster only gives you access to it via MS Canbus.

I was hoping to reprogram a MK2 cluster with MK1 software but cannot access it.

Hopefully you guys have some success on getting this to work with the ignition

I'll try the camera again this weekend as i have found 4 different codes to activate it and i'll have a crack on getting voice command to work
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Tazzl any update with your progress ?

I looks like i have found the module causing the radio not to "wake up"
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 am

fg6e wrote:Tazzl any update with your progress ?

I looks like i have found the module causing the radio not to "wake up"

Not too much on my end, I havent tinkered with it since the SDLC was being difficult. None of the other modules are being picked up when using scantool. Only way to communicate to them is to hardwire to the canbus line wanted and directly speak to that specific module.

Its wired up correctly, since it if wasnt, nothing would be working as it wouldnt be translating canbus messages between modules.

Just had to leave it alone for a few days before it drove me mad :lol:
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts