Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby fg6e » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm

JeffDav have you made any progress ?
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm

I Haven't mucked around too much, i set the auto off to 1 hour and it hasn't really bugged me since.... got use to parking the ute without a camera, having said that i have all the harnesses, modules, ect to make it a FGX so that's the long term plan.......

Having said that i do love to tinker... so..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Nice sync 3.

We have spent heaps of hours and hard work and finally have it working with the help of Tazzl. Working now with out manually turning it on reverse camera is working still some minor issues to sort out with it but over all 99.9% working now. Sync 3 was on my plan down the track but i prefer Sync 2 as Sync 3 has some issues that still need to be sorted out
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Good stuff, i kind leaning towards keeping the Sync 2, Sync 3 funnily enough turns straight on but will need a decent amount of work as the climate control setup is quite different, its nice to use but looks pretty boring.

Have you mucked around with voice commands on the Sync 2?, the button is processed via the instrument cluster in the FGX but the mk1 doesn't have an input for it, i imagine it would be a matter of wiring into a module and have that module create the can bus command.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Not at the moment mate that's on my last things to do. At this stage from what i have been reading it might be done by resistance i'll have to do some more canbus logging. I agree with Sync 3 thing that i find quite annoying so far is no traffic massages coming up to warn you. At least with sync 2 you get that and a way better layout that i personally find easier to use.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Yeah just took a look through the diagrams and it looks like the left buttons work via resistors, the right cruise control buttons are via resistors to the icp but the voice command button "Push to talk" is a switch so just need to log the command
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:05 pm

JeffDav wrote:Yeah just took a look through the diagrams and it looks like the left buttons work via resistors, the right cruise control buttons are via resistors to the icp but the voice command button "Push to talk" is a switch so just need to log the command

That should be ok to find as a single command. Filter off all standard messages being sent, and then monitor when pushing the button. Hopefully just a once off command.
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 pm

ill get excited and plugin the fgx gear this weekend and see what i can find
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby lud » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:38 pm

hi guys i have a fgx xr8 and just wondering if you can install apps on the sync 2 system ?

i would like to add guages to the icc and if possible from the obd2 port
like boost pressure ,air intake temps , oil pressure etc

sorry if its a dumb question not very tech savvy
lud
Newbie Modder

Postby Callum » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi, I have an FG MkII with the colour touch screen ICC with nav and reverse camera.
Is it possible to delete the feature which cuts the stereo sound whenever reverse is selected?
If so how?
Can I pay someone to do it?
I live in Canberra.
Cheers.
Callum
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts