Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am

Yes thats correct, the SDLC is also required. It does important conversions and passing data to/from the ICC with the rest of the car.

The canbox got to the point described above. Havent done any more on it.
TazzI

Postby Jehu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Fair enough. Well if I can help in logging things from my MK1 I'm happy to be of assistance.
Jehu
Newbie Modder

Postby fg6e » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:34 pm

TazzI wrote:Jeff has got it working by changing out all the main parts with FGX components. Including dash harness, HIM, ICC, Cluster and ECU (I think off the top of my head?), This is probably the more expensive, but less complex way of doing it.

fg6e and I came up with a solution that had the FGX Sync2 working 99% of the way, including reverse camera. This did require installing a permanent custom CAN box into the car which interpreted live data and output required information for the Sync2 to operate correctly.

The things that were missing were basically non-essential, such as auto dimming and a few other little bits and bobs, but Im fairly certain fg6e said he had figured those bits out too, but I have been unavailable to amend our custom box.

Fg6e did a HUGE amount of work for all this, has quite literally spent entire nights staring at live data, testing byte to byte and driving around with a laptop on the passenger seat fro weeks at a time! :lol:

So its not completed or available yet. As I'm not in the business of selling items that are not completely finished.

Tazzl mate I hope your doing well it's been a while. When you have some spare time please let me know as I have ALOT of can bus data we need to go through. So far the module has not failed and been running perfect I greatly appreciate you doing this for me.
Little update on what I have been doing I have found
Voice commands can bus I have found
Decoded him module commands (this is a very interesting setup on sync 2)
Parking aid is around 99% can bus sorted (I have a FGX setup)
Dimming I have found both commands
There is some little minor bugs we need to find still

MK1 him has been working pretty well. Once we touch base i'll let you know everything

On the side I have the FGX BEM in my car now and have auto wipers working as per FGX :lol: also best part is pressing the boot button twice now open's the boot.

Hopefully speak soon

Rick
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:27 am

Awesome work! 8-)
You'd be fairly fluent with CAN bus by now!

Glad everything is working great with the box. We will need to set aside some time to make some updates/alterations soon.
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:25 am

TazzI wrote:Awesome work! 8-)
You'd be fairly fluent with CAN bus by now!

Glad everything is working great with the box. We will need to set aside some time to make some updates/alterations soon.

Yeah we will need to mate got heaps to tell you about and have I found.

I’ve also sent you an e-mail mate hopefully it’s gone through to you.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:44 am

fg6e wrote:Yeah we will need to mate got heaps to tell you about and have I found.

I’ve also sent you an e-mail mate hopefully it’s gone through to you.

Received :)

Will get back to you later today.
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 am

Thanks mate :)
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby falcs » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Sorry to change the subject but everyone here seems to know what they're talking about so just wanna ask a quick question if that's alright?

I removed my reverse camera from my FG1while the ignition was on and car was in reverse and then 30mins later plugged it back in and now when I put the car in reverse the screen just goes black while the screen says check surroundings as usual.. Anyone ever had this problem or know how to solve it?
falcs
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 am

Thing to check:
1) Make sure the pins in the video plug going into the ICC are not damaged are semi pulled out. Many people use the wiring as the 'handle' for pulling out the connectors which is a big nono.

2) Check that no fuses have been blown.

3) Check if the camera is getting power.

Also as a rule of thumb, try not to work on the car with ignition on or anything like that. Electronics tend to have a little hissy due to power spikes ect.
TazzI

Postby Boss335gt » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone of you here would be able to give me some hints to complete my project:

- I have every single loom and module out of the cabin of an SZ Mk2 2016 Territory, including Sync 2 ICC, cluster and BEM

- I wish to have the above connected to an FG-X XR8 Coyote engine , loom, transmission and ancillaries . SZ2 ABS Pump will be used .

Will my combination work , or do I need custom programming, as no SZ mk2 Territory had a V8 engine configuration.

How are you guys connecting the ICC, cluster and PCM outside of a vehicle? Is it as simple as having them all siting on the ground or on a bench all physically hooked up with a loom, and connecting it to a 12V source ?
Boss335gt
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts