Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby JeffDav » Tue May 30, 2017 8:37 pm

fg6e wrote:Which him commands are you after i have both the MK1 & MK2 him modules. i have a ELM 327 but don't know how to log can bus signals.

FGX do run a FG MK2 him module

I do know that FGX do run different steering wheel switches over FG,FG MK2 they run different ohms.

I would assume the "wake up command might be in the cluster" I know SZ Territory do run the same BEM between SZ 1 (FG MK2) & SZ 2 (FGX Falcon). But the FGX Falcon do run a separate BEM over FG,FG 2. Good work getting the sync system to work in a MK1. Back to the workshop manual and do some more reading up. Guess ill be looking for a cheap FGX ICC

Do yourself a favor and get a whole dashboard or at least a dash harness too.

I changed over the dash harness (**** of a job) but the icc is a slightly different size so some grinding was required to make it fit. whilst I'm sure you could make up an adapter there are a lot of cables and with the modification required it would be easier to just swap the dash over, only took me about an hour to get the dash out, and about 3 hours modifying cables before refitting.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks for the info. Just out of interest what BEM did you use with the icc ? Reason i'm asking is because with the FG/FG 2 they need to be decoded to the vin on the vehicle or security code will show up on the icc.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed May 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Well... looks like this thread has obviously struck someones nerves. My email I posted was smashed into a bunch of dedicated spam sites. Have received a few thousand spam emails in a matter of hours :lol:

fg6e wrote:Which him commands are you after i have both the MK1 & MK2 him modules. i have a ELM 327 but don't know how to log can bus signals.

I do know that FGX do run different steering wheel switches over FG,FG MK2 they run different ohms.

I would assume the "wake up command might be in the cluster" I know SZ Territory do run the same BEM between SZ 1 (FG MK2) & SZ 2 (FGX Falcon). But the FGX Falcon do run a separate BEM over FG,FG 2. Good work getting the sync system to work in a MK1. Back to the workshop manual and do some more reading up. Guess ill be looking for a cheap FGX ICC

To suss out the missing recirculate command for the Sync2 upgrade, we will need to log:
- Command sent from the MK1 ICC and response from MK1 HIM
- Command sent from Sync2 and the response from a MK2(FgX?) HIM

Once done, we will be able to capture the sync2 command sent.. then get our device to send out the correct message.
The when the MK1 HIM responds, we can then capture that and send out the correct message back to the sync2. (Hope that makes sense!)

Same goes for the Cluster command/s. Log standard cluster in car, and log FGx cluster. Then compare the two.

Send me an email (To the now mass spammed email :lol: ) and I'll get you setup with some software to start logging with an ELM. Your ELM will need to be USB and modified to be on the MS CAN pins (Pin 3 and pin 11 on diagnostic port) to be able to begin listening in on the commands sent to/from the ICC.

Between yourself and Jeff logging and testing, should be able to find these commands. Next step from that is throwing it all into a small microcontroller.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Wed May 31, 2017 6:35 pm

JeffDav wrote:I changed over the dash harness (**** of a job) but the icc is a slightly different size so some grinding was required to make it fit.

Was grinding needing so that the plugs will lineup/fit in due to being in different locations? Or is the ICC literally a different size and gets stuck on the cars ICC housing?

fg6e wrote:Guess ill be looking for a cheap FGX ICC

Iv been looking for the last couple weeks.
Dear ol ebay has nothing but the one unit Mr FPV has.
I did message him asking if he has any more, but yet to hear back... or even a courtesy reply.

Kicking my self I didnt get the local one that popped up for $500. :roll:
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm

TazzI wrote:Well... looks like this thread has obviously struck someones nerves. My email I posted was smashed into a bunch of dedicated spam sites. Have received a few thousand spam emails in a matter of hours :lol:

To suss out the missing recirculate command for the Sync2 upgrade, we will need to log:
- Command sent from the MK1 ICC and response from MK1 HIM
- Command sent from Sync2 and the response from a MK2(FgX?) HIM

Once done, we will be able to capture the sync2 command sent.. then get our device to send out the correct message.
The when the MK1 HIM responds, we can then capture that and send out the correct message back to the sync2. (Hope that makes sense!)

Same goes for the Cluster command/s. Log standard cluster in car, and log FGx cluster. Then compare the two.

Send me an email (To the now mass spammed email :lol: ) and I'll get you setup with some software to start logging with an ELM. Your ELM will need to be USB and modified to be on the MS CAN pins (Pin 3 and pin 11 on diagnostic port) to be able to begin listening in on the commands sent to/from the ICC.

Between yourself and Jeff logging and testing, should be able to find these commands. Next step from that is throwing it all into a small microcontroller.
My ELM does both mid and high speed. I have the MK2 icc back in LOL but i'm sure i can use the mk1 icc to take can bus logs to help make this happen.

My only concern with this is the cluster. If we can't get a FGX cluster to work in a MK1 how do we access the BEM settings ? I remember when i plugged in the MK2 cluster the amount of error codes coming from every module was awful. I managed to get rid of most with a MK2 PCM only issue i had with that was the auto and the ABS rest i could of worked around.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed May 31, 2017 7:59 pm

fg6e wrote:My ELM does both mid and high speed. I have the MK2 icc back in LOL but i'm sure i can use the mk1 icc to take can bus logs to help make this happen.

My only concern with this is the cluster. If we can't get a FGX cluster to work in a MK1 how do we access the BEM settings ? I remember when i plugged in the MK2 cluster the amount of error codes coming from every module was awful. I managed to get rid of most with a MK2 PCM only issue i had with that was the auto and the ABS rest i could of worked around.

Iv been thinking about that.. two options:
1) Make a software that will read/change the BEM settings. Simple ELM cable can be used here.
All thats happening, is the BEM is likely constantly ouputting those settings, or the cluster requests them when going into the menus.

2) Be a bit adventurous, and see if these options aren't hidden in the MK1 clusters, or in the sync2. You would be surprised how many options are in any module in any car which are simply never turned on and are not accessible using factory scantools. ;)

What are the BEM settings available? Do these differ between the ones that can be displayed in a MK2 cluster compared to the MK1 ICC?
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Wed May 31, 2017 9:06 pm

Bem settings are accessed through FG/FG Mk2 icc's.

It was only FGX these BEM settings have been moved from the ICC in to the Cluster.

BEM Settings include

Vehicle Locking/ Unlocking settings

Lighting Settings

Alarm Settings
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Wed May 31, 2017 10:22 pm

fg6e wrote:Thanks for the info. Just out of interest what BEM did you use with the icc ? Reason i'm asking is because with the FG/FG 2 they need to be decoded to the vin on the vehicle or security code will show up on the icc.

I used the existing MK! BEM.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 pm

TazzI wrote:
JeffDav wrote:I changed over the dash harness (**** of a job) but the icc is a slightly different size so some grinding was required to make it fit.

Was grinding needing so that the plugs will lineup/fit in due to being in different locations? Or is the ICC literally a different size and gets stuck on the cars ICC housing?

fg6e wrote:Guess ill be looking for a cheap FGX ICC

Iv been looking for the last couple weeks.
Dear ol ebay has nothing but the one unit Mr FPV has.
I did message him asking if he has any more, but yet to hear back... or even a courtesy reply.

Kicking my self I didnt get the local one that popped up for $500. :roll:

The ACM is a bit longer so it will not go in all the way, also the cutouts do not line up with the sockets so a small section needs to be cutout (the part holding the old plug)
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Wed May 31, 2017 10:31 pm

fg6e wrote:Bem settings are accessed through FG/FG Mk2 icc's.

It was only FGX these BEM settings have been moved from the ICC in to the Cluster.

BEM Settings include

Vehicle Locking/ Unlocking settings

Lighting Settings

Alarm Settings

If you plugin the FGX cluster this actually works and you can change the settings, obviously cant start the car but can make adjustments.

Really these are not major issue to loose.

Should makeup a lead to go from the FGX cluster to obd plug then just plug in and use as a scan tool to adjust settings :lol:
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts