Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby johno1au » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 am

TazzI wrote:
johno1au wrote:Even reverse camera? Is it just the FGX ICC unit you connected or did you have to put in other modules. Where are you located? I would love to have a look. We need to find a solution to all these fg2 screens that are failing. I'm sure I could help you getting it right. If you could email me info@aslautomedia.com.

Cheers

Johno

Didn't you say there is meant to be a CANBus speed difference? If so.. what d you believe they are meant to be?
The factory workshop manual says they are standard HS and MS can speeds.
I can see the manual being wrong, plus there appears to be no CANbus speed differences as its working in his car.

I would say theres probably about 5-10 commands that need to be resolved, After that, it would be working flawlessly.

I am very familiar with them working on the bench, and I have to send a canbus speeds different from the one in the FG and FG Mk2 to get the screen to work correctly. Yes as it appears the climate controls run as the same speed as the FG and FGMk2. But there is still another line that runs at a different speed and without this it will not run correctly and it will not be as simple as just sending it 5 - 10 commands and I can guarantee this. We do not have unlimited access to cars also so this is also a sticking point, so before we look at taking this further I need to see if it is worthwhile.

Cheers
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:14 am

Info in regards to the FG-X communication line, taken from the workshop manual.

Only difference being the SDLC.. not equipped in MK1/MK2's.
FGx-comms.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 am

Another little checklist of things received by various modules in FG-X car.
sync2-ACM input messages.PNG

sync2-APIM input messages3.jpg

sync2-FCIM input messages.PNG

sync2-GPSM input messages.PNG

sync2-IPC input messages.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TazzI

Postby johno1au » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:27 am

TazzI wrote:Info in regards to the FG-X communication line, taken from the workshop manual.

FGx-comms.PNG

Yes this is what I'm referring to. The SDLC must make it possible to run the global platform SYNC 2 units and also interface with the existing FG as the FGX is still based on the FG and I am sure they would have not wanted to design it from scratch. Thus my question about what Jeff Dav has installed. When we get our FGX units they are just the units, they are not the complete setup including all wiring to the ACM and cluster and other modules as in JeffDav's pictures. It would be interesting to know if he just has the unit connected or any other modules.

Cheers
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 am

looks like the commands of interest are:
- Ignition Status from BCM (Maybe?)
- Ignition Status from IPC
- Power Mode from IPC

Jeff confirmed the FG-x IPC does send a wakeup command, so Id say its the ignition status from IPC needs to be focused on.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:33 am

johno1au wrote:
TazzI wrote:Info in regards to the FG-X communication line, taken from the workshop manual.

FGx-comms.PNG

Yes this is what I'm referring to. The SDLC must make it possible to run the global platform SYNC 2 units and also interface with the existing FG as the FGX is still based on the FG and I am sure they would have not wanted to design it from scratch. Thus my question about what Jeff Dav has installed. When we get our FGX units they are just the units, they are not the complete setup including all wiring to the ACM and cluster and other modules as in JeffDav's pictures. It would be interesting to know if he just has the unit connected or any other modules.

Cheers

Based on what Im looking in the schematics, its not actually needed. Its a fancy little device that Ford has equipped.. that is mainly only used for diagnostic purposes to switch between specific can lines.

So technically, it can be tied together in the first place and directly interfaced with.
Theres no special speeds needed... ;)
TazzI

Postby johno1au » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:40 am

TazzI wrote:
johno1au wrote:

FGx-comms.PNG

Cheers

Based on what Im looking in the schematics, its not actually needed. Its a fancy little device that Ford has equipped.. that is mainly only used for diagnostic purposes to switch between specific can lines.

So technically, it can be tied together in the first place and directly interfaced with.
Theres no special speeds needed... ;)

We'll lets agree to disagree. ;)
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 am

johno1au wrote:We'll lets agree to disagree. ;)

No problemo. We will find out soon enough. :D
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:04 am

johno1au wrote:
JeffDav wrote:in the car, have everything working except the voice command button as it goes through the instrument cluster and is sent to the icc as a canbus command

Even reverse camera? Is it just the FGX ICC unit you connected or did you have to put in other modules. Where are you located? I would love to have a look. We need to find a solution to all these fg2 screens that are failing. I'm sure I could help you getting it right. If you could email me info@aslautomedia.com.

Cheers

Johno

With a hacked sync install and some wiring changes i have most things working, have not yet figured out the reverse camera, i do have it enabled and have a fault code for the camera not been detected therefore i believe the difference must be in the camera, I assume it talks on the can-bus for the predictive grid lines and zoom? whilst video is still analogue, going to get hold of a reverse camera and try this out, i have seen you can get boxes to do this so i assume these just simulate these commands and provide an analogue connection?
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 am

JeffDav wrote:With a hacked sync install and some wiring changes i have most things working, have not yet figured out the reverse camera, i do have it enabled and have a fault code for the camera not been detected therefore i believe the difference must be in the camera, I assume it talks on the can-bus for the predictive grid lines and zoom? whilst video is still analogue, going to get hold of a reverse camera and try this out, i have seen you can get boxes to do this so i assume these just simulate these commands and provide an analogue connection?

Right, for the reverse camera. When you select reverse, does anything pop up on screen? As in even a blank display? Just like the earlier FG ICCs?

I know some devices can be smart enough to detect an composite signal (My TV for instance) and knows when theres no signal or anything connected.
TazzI

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts