Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby fg6e » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:20 pm

TazzI wrote:
fg6e wrote:Tazzl any update with your progress ?

I looks like i have found the module causing the radio not to "wake up"

Not too much on my end, I havent tinkered with it since the SDLC was being difficult. None of the other modules are being picked up when using scantool. Only way to communicate to them is to hardwire to the canbus line wanted and directly speak to that specific module.

Its wired up correctly, since it if wasnt, nothing would be working as it wouldnt be translating canbus messages between modules.

Just had to leave it alone for a few days before it drove me mad :lol:

I have the exact same thing with a elm 327 will not read any part of the icc or mid canbus/cluster . If i use my ford ids with a FGX session i have access to the acm and apim but no mid can bus.

Can we private message on here ? i'll tell you what module is causing the issue/ what i have found
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby nfv » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Hey guys - sorry that Im dropping in on this. Which scantool are you using?

I did a lot of work 2 years ago with ForScan - on an FG 2 to enable to camera/FPV Logos on the Mk2 ICC.
Required a simple ELM, but all of the devices were looking at here are on the MS-CAN bus, and we had to modity the ELM with a switch to change to the other bus.

Is that where you guys are at?

Im curious to see how you guys go with the FG-X ICC. Ive thought about doing this, with an Arduino or ESP8266 doing the CAN duties to fix anything up (Emulate start signals etc), but I dont have an FG at the moment. I am looking.

Nice work anyway

Nigel
nfv
Newbie Modder

Postby fg6e » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:44 pm

nfv wrote:Hey guys - sorry that Im dropping in on this. Which scantool are you using?

I did a lot of work 2 years ago with ForScan - on an FG 2 to enable to camera/FPV Logos on the Mk2 ICC.
Required a simple ELM, but all of the devices were looking at here are on the MS-CAN bus, and we had to modity the ELM with a switch to change to the other bus.

Im curious to see how you guys go with the FG-X ICC. Ive thought about doing this, with an Arduino or ESP8266 doing the CAN duties to fix anything up (Emulate start signals etc), but I dont have an FG at the moment. I am looking.

Nice work anyway

Nigel

Nigel the issue isnt the scan tools the issue is the canbus side of things. I own a elm327 with high and mid speed canbus. The issue i belive is the cluster and the sdlc connector. I also own a genuine ford vcm which i can access the icc but anything in the mid canbus side i can no longer access even with the genuine scan tool. The only way i could access the mid speed was disconnect the sdlc and tap in to the mid speed canbus lines.
My self and another member on this forum have the icc running in our vehicles with minor issues. The main issue that needs to be sorted is waking the icc up with the key in accessories in a fg mk1 after playing with the ford ids i have found what module is not getting the signal but i wont put it on here as i dont want asl to know what we have achived so far.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby johno1au » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 pm

fg6e wrote:
nfv wrote:Hey guys - sorry that Im dropping in on this. Which scantool are you using?

Nice work anyway

Nigel

Nigel the issue isnt the scan tools the issue is the canbus side of things. I own a elm327 with high and mid speed canbus. The issue i belive is the cluster and the sdlc connector. I also own a genuine ford vcm which i can access the icc but anything in the mid canbus side i can no longer access even with the genuine scan tool. The only way i could access the mid speed was disconnect the sdlc and tap in to the mid speed canbus lines.
My self and another member on this forum have the icc running in our vehicles with minor issues. The main issue that needs to be sorted is waking the icc up with the key in accessories in a fg mk1 after playing with the ford ids i have found what module is not getting the signal but i wont put it on here as i dont want asl to know what we have achived so far.

You don't want ASL to know what you have achieved? What, gutting half a FGX to get it to work in a FG. Not worth the trouble and/or our time.
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 am

johno1au wrote:You don't want ASL to know what you have achieved? What, gutting half a FGX to get it to work in a FG. Not worth the trouble and/or our time.

Then why watch this thread :lol:
TazzI

Postby nfv » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 am

Interesting, but you can also see why enthusiasts dont really like talking to ASL About stuff.
Personally - I was surprised by the cost and complexity of the FG Camera for MKII Falcons.

Forscan enables the Camera for Free now, and there is on many FGII's a plug in the Drivers kick panel waiting for a Camera to be connected. No need to pop the top etc. Its a $25 job.

ASL have done some good product, but they dont actually support the Mods Community as much as protect their business. I have seen a few times now ASL Attitude about not worth their time. Thats ok - Thats completely not what mod's are about. This is about doing it Right, doing it well, and because we can.

Cheers Guys. Keep on at it

Nigel
nfv
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am

nfv wrote:but I dont have an FG at the moment. I am looking.

In the same boat as me at the moment. Every FG MK1 I have looked at in the dealerships has been absolutely tortured.
Can only seem to find the MK2 FG's in good condition and price!

fg6e wrote:I have the exact same thing with a elm 327 will not read any part of the icc or mid canbus/cluster . If i use my ford ids with a FGX session i have access to the acm and apim but no mid can bus.

Can we private message on here ?

Iv not yet gone to the effort of watching whats being sent to/from the SDLC. Maybe it is different frame IDs which is why nothing gets picked up?
Been playing around simply with the VCM, was wondering if it was a wiring issue, but sounds like its a hardware/incompatibility issue going on. So only FGx parts will be picked up. Annoying but least it can be bypassed.

Private messages on carmodder went down a few months ago. Think it may have been due to spam?
Only way is via email at the moment :roll: I posted up my email a couple pages back ;)

I'll set it all back up on the bench, and wire in some plugs to easily/quickly swap between CAN busses. Least I know its not my setup!
TazzI

Postby johno1au » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am

TazzI wrote:
johno1au wrote:You don't want ASL to know what you have achieved? What, gutting half a FGX to get it to work in a FG. Not worth the trouble and/or our time.

Then why watch this thread :lol:

Comic Relief!
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:36 pm

johno1au wrote:Comic Relief!

Im rather impressed.

Both Jeff and fg6e have done absolutely brilliant work to get it all up and running in their car. Pretty game and intuitive to perform their own wiring and testing in their own vehicles to get a working setup. Then going to extra mile and working out which modules need to be fitted to get different features running.

They are literally the pioneers for the sync2 upgrade into MK1 FGs. To get a working setup (99%), without any need or indepth understanding of the actual communication line, is top work in my eyes.

Anything less than that is simple ignorance. Since.. no-one even thought is was possible!
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:21 pm

TazzI wrote:
johno1au wrote:Comic Relief!

Im rather impressed.

Both Jeff and fg6e have done absolutely brilliant work to get it all up and running in their car. Pretty game and intuitive to perform their own wiring and testing in their own vehicles to get a working setup. Then going to extra mile and working out which modules need to be fitted to get different features running.

They are literally the pioneers for the sync2 upgrade into MK1 FGs. To get a working setup (99%), without any need or indepth understanding of the actual communication line, is top work in my eyes.

Anything less than that is simple ignorance. Since.. no-one even thought is was possible!

Thanks Tazzl mate for your support . Mate i have found your e-mail address i'll be sending you an e-mail soon
fg6e
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts