Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:50 am

JeffDav wrote:The ACM is a bit longer so it will not go in all the way, also the cutouts do not line up with the sockets so a small section needs to be cutout (the part holding the old plug)

Wow, talk about slice and dice! That whole bottom back section would have needed to be cut away then so it slides in. Nice work getting it in there!!

JeffDav wrote:If you plugin the FGX cluster this actually works and you can change the settings, obviously cant start the car but can make adjustments.

Really these are not major issue to loose.

Should makeup a lead to go from the FGX cluster to obd plug then just plug in and use as a scan tool to adjust settings :lol:

:lol:
Lets call that Option 3. That takes the cake.
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:55 pm

So after looking at a few sync 2 wiring diagrams i might have a solution for the audio cutting out. On some sync 2 vehicles they have a ign wire running from the ACM which is not on the FGX wiring this might solve your issue. I might start hunting around for a complete dash out of a FGX so i can put in to my FG1
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Sorry I havent gotten back to those that emailed! Been a bit busy with some other R&D.

I'll try get the software out to you guys later this afternoon. Heres a pic of what you'll be tinkering with:

Above is a snipit of raw CAN data. It may look like gibberish, but there is a method to the madness.
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 pm

TazzI wrote:Sorry I havent gotten back to those that emailed! Been a bit busy with some other R&D.

I'll try get the software out to you guys later this afternoon. Heres a pic of what you'll be tinkering with:

Above is a snipit of raw CAN data. It may look like gibberish, but there is a method to the madness.

Wow looks good, much better than hyper terminal and an excel pivot table.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:35 am

JeffDav wrote:Wow looks good, much better than hyper terminal and an excel pivot table.

Daaammnnn, that would have been painful work :o

Yeah, its just a quick throw together for the Fords based on some old ELM software. Gets the job done though.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Have sent out the emails for everyone with the application. :D

Should be able to tinker with it over the weekend. If your ELM isnt a good china knockoff, then it probably wont support all the commands and will not connect properly! You will know if it does, a message box saying 'connected' will display. :)
TazzI

Postby johno1au » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Interesting reading about this stuff. I am from ASL so I can add to your discussion.

The FG MK2's can be flashed by the dealers, but they don't like doing it unless they have to as they fail so much. They take normally around 30 minutes to do. If anyone is thinking about getting it done I wouldn't recommend if your unit is working fine. The FPV Guages can be put on any MK2 ICC but it has to the Navigation version, if you don't have Navigation it can't be done. The FGX unit (SYNC2) is a completely different can bus speed from the MK1 and MK2 so unless you know how to change this it is sort of a futile effort. Also the SYNC2 units have 3 different can bus lines running into them which can make it confusing,

We are working on a board that blocks the can bus signals so it will only send the correct signals, I have all the differences between the FG1 and FG2 climate controls, we are just prototyping the board as we speak as it will be used for other projects. we don't really get involved in the FG Mk1 to FG MK2 upgrades and leave that to MR FPV (and to be honest the FG Mk2 screens are unreliable) but this will be a nice starting point. If anyone has our old board when we get our new one going I will be happy to replace for free as long you send back the old one. We need someone to test for us also.

Cheers
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 pm

johno1au wrote:Interesting reading about this stuff. I am from ASL so I can add to your discussion.

The FG MK2's can be flashed by the dealers, but they don't like doing it unless they have to as they fail so much. They take normally around 30 minutes to do. If anyone is thinking about getting it done I wouldn't recommend if your unit is working fine. The FPV Guages can be put on any MK2 ICC but it has to the Navigation version, if you don't have Navigation it can't be done. The FGX unit (SYNC2) is a completely different can bus speed from the MK1 and MK2 so unless you know how to change this it is sort of a futile effort. Also the SYNC2 units have 3 different can bus lines running into them which can make it confusing,

We are working on a board that blocks the can bus signals so it will only send the correct signals, I have all the differences between the FG1 and FG2 climate controls, we are just prototyping the board as we speak as it will be used for other projects. we don't really get involved in the FG Mk1 to FG MK2 upgrades and leave that to MR FPV (and to be honest the FG Mk2 screens are unreliable) but this will be a nice starting point. If anyone has our old board when we get our new one going I will be happy to replace for free as long you send back the old one. We need someone to test for us also.

Cheers

I currently have your old asl board in my mk2 icc conversion. Does this new board fix the Dual Zone climate issue ?

Do you have an ETA on when this new board will be available ?

As for the GTF gauges they can be added via as built data but currently not working

I am willing to test this new board if your interested
fg6e
Starting Ignition

Postby johno1au » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:11 pm

fg6e wrote:
johno1au wrote:Interesting reading about this stuff. I am from ASL so I can add to your discussion.

Cheers

I currently have your old asl board in my mk2 icc conversion. Does this new board fix the Dual Zone climate issue ?

As for the GTF gauges they can be added via as built data but currently not working

It's in prototype state so probably a few months off. It should fix the dual zone climate issue as no unwanted codes will get through but it does need testing I will let you know when it is out. I am unsure how they do it with the ASBUILT DATA but I can get the guages to show on any Navigation Mk2 unit.

Cheers
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby fg6e » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:06 pm

johno1au wrote:
fg6e wrote:

Cheers

It's in prototype state so probably a few months off. It should fix the dual zone climate issue as no unwanted codes will get through but it does need testing I will let you know when it is out. I am unsure how they do it with the ASBUILT DATA but I can get the guages to show on any Navigation Mk2 unit.

Cheers

Hopefully it is sorted out with the new board. It's a pain when you have the climate on a set temp then all of a sudden it will go straight to hot for no reason it's very annoying but only seems to effect dual zone only.

Off topic so what would you say is the better icc out of MK1 & MK2 ?

I also see you guys sell a sat nav system for the MK1 icc's is it possible to get a bit more info on them? As i might go back to the MK1 icc if this issue cannot be sorted
fg6e
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts