Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby TazzI » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

Camera wiring. No CANbus there so thats a good thing :)
TazzI

Postby johno1au » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:17 pm

TazzI wrote:
JeffDav wrote:With a hacked sync install and some wiring changes i have most things working, have not yet figured out the reverse camera, i do have it enabled and have a fault code for the camera not been detected therefore i believe the difference must be in the camera, I assume it talks on the can-bus for the predictive grid lines and zoom? whilst video is still analogue, going to get hold of a reverse camera and try this out, i have seen you can get boxes to do this so i assume these just simulate these commands and provide an analogue connection?

Right, for the reverse camera. When you select reverse, does anything pop up on screen? As in even a blank display? Just like the earlier FG ICCs?

I know some devices can be smart enough to detect an composite signal (My TV for instance) and knows when theres no signal or anything connected.

What does the fault code say? Does it come up on screen when you go into reverse?
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Ok so really productive day today...

Figured out the following
single/dual zone onscreen controls
navigation enable
reverse camera enable
reverse camera gridlines enable / disable
him single dual zone conversion

Best yet i can make the unit work with a $35 reverse camera no need for genuine ford camera / special boxes.

my unit is definitely reverse cam enabled but doesn't give me a reverse screen when its selected. There is a pcb in the shifter assembly that reports the current gear to the instrument cluster, i believe this is different in the fgx and it is responsible for reporting the reverse gear to the FDIM hence why i cant make it give me the reverse screen with any mk1 / fgx module combo. i will get one of these and have a tinker.

i believe the fault code was something along the lines of reverse camera module not detected. but is gone now with a camera connected.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby johno1au » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:25 pm

JeffDav wrote:Ok so really productive day today...

Figured out the following
single/dual zone onscreen controls
navigation enable
reverse camera enable
reverse camera gridlines enable / disable
him single dual zone conversion

Best yet i can make the unit work with a $35 reverse camera no need for genuine ford camera / special boxes.

my unit is definitely reverse cam enabled but doesn't give me a reverse screen when its selected. There is a pcb in the shifter assembly that reports the current gear to the instrument cluster, i believe this is different in the fgx and it is responsible for reporting the reverse gear to the FDIM hence why i cant make it give me the reverse screen with any mk1 / fgx module combo. i will get one of these and have a tinker.

i believe the fault code was something along the lines of reverse camera module not detected. but is gone now with a camera connected.

Great, keep us informed.
johno1au
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:20 am

JeffDav wrote:i believe the fault code was something along the lines of reverse camera module not detected. but is gone now with a camera connected.

Awesome, figured that would be the case. ;)
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Sync2 on the way! :D

Bunch of wiring looms and other parts as well. So should be able to dive into it head first.

Still missing an FG car.. but thats just the finer details :lol:
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Sync2 is wired up :D

It does go into power saver mode as its missing vital comms from the rest of the car. I think the manuals indicated that the cluster controls this,

Havent had time to play with the communication line yet, but quick prove indicates clean comms so its prime for hacking ;)

Couple modules needed from the wrecker though:
- FGx cluster (I might have one already..)
- GPSM
- SDLC
- HIM
- BEM

The SDLC (Smart Data Link Connector) isnt needed for direct communication to the sync2 components. But factory tools will freak out since they will be trying to speak to the SDLC.
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Sounds good, :D

Never had the power saving message, perhaps because you have no bem or cluster connected.

i can set you up with a MK1 cluster, BEM, and GPSM if you need it.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 am

JeffDav wrote:Sounds good, :D

Never had the power saving message, perhaps because you have no bem or cluster connected.

i can set you up with a MK1 cluster, BEM, and GPSM if you need it.

I think is the lack of cluster causing the problem. A couple pages back I posted up what the sync2 receives and transmits, and one of them is the "power mode" which is to do with the load capacity, which tells it to stop hogging when battery is struggling. At least.. thats how I read it!! :lol:

Got MK1/2 Clusters here... well... packaged up under a tonne of boxes :lol:

Im certain Iv picked up a couple FGx clusters previously, I remember seeing the additional little module ontop of the cluster (GPSM). Its this weekends job to pull all that stuff out.

Iv lined up getting a BEM off fleabay, and trying to get MK1/2 HIMs as well.
Then should be getting the SDLC and HIM from a FG-X that one of these Sync2's came from.

Feel like a kid in a candy store playing with all brand new stuff! :lol:
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:36 pm

So any update with the sync 2 ?

I think i might have a solution for the icc going in to power save mode after 10 minutes.

I have just purchased a new FGX icc so ill be doing my FG very soon.
fg6e
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts