Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG ICC (Radio) Mods and Hacking

Specific interior modification information for Ford BA and BF Series Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlanes, LTD's and FPV models.

Postby JeffDav » Sat May 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Been watching this thread for a while.... thought i better throw in some inspiration

FGX Sync 2 ICC wired up on my garage floor......

Then with a whole lot of mucking around installed into my MK1.... Working..

Current Issues
Will not turn on with Ignition (The cluster sends a turn off / off command, this is missing in mk1 cluster) however it will turn on manually if you push the power button, however it turns off if unused for 10 or so min.

Air-conditioning recirculate does not work

Outside temp incorrect just as mk2 however you can turnoff the reading.

Climate control does work.

Emergency Assistance malfunction message when turning on (In-compatible airbag module)

Voice command will not work without a FGX cluster.... and i believe fgx cluster wont work without fgx / mk2 pcm and matching modulas) as it takes the steering wheel input and converts it to a can bus massage to start voice command
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby JeffDav » Sat May 27, 2017 2:53 pm

and dimming is working correctly too :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Sat May 27, 2017 4:49 pm

oOoOoOoO!!!!!!!!!

Okay, a working setup bench AND car setup! We can roll with that!

How about navigation? Is that working happily as well? or does nav module ontop of the FGx cluster need to be fitted?

So in the sync2, you have full control over fan speed, temperature and zone control (feet, face, demister ect?).
Since the MK2's ave issues with the temperature control as indicated by mr FPV and fg6e.

So thats another thing to log, the on/start command from the FGx's. Just to check, there isnt an ignition wire or wakeup wire in the Sync2 that needs the 12v applied/removed to wake it up?. The VE's had that on a couple modules, its named can wakeup signal which tool a 12v supply to wakeup the device from key off/on.
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Sun May 28, 2017 10:39 am

I had to fit the GPSM? module to the top of the IC and navigation is working correctly, believe this is the gps antenna and compass.

Yep full control with fan speed, temperature and zones just no re circulation control with the mk1 him/ic combo,

Defiantly a canbus command to turn on / off as it works correctly if i fit the fgx OR some MK2 clusters, they just wont work with my PCM.

It seams to get a Wake command when you open the door, it lights up and starts loading just no interface until you press the power button.

Need to setup a canbus data logger and see whats going on... next project (Need to google this)
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 am

JeffDav wrote:I had to fit the GPSM? module to the top of the IC and navigation is working correctly, believe this is the gps antenna and compass.

Yes thats the one! Couldnt remember the module name. The factory manuals indicated it helped with offline navigation (no gps signal) by capturing the steering angle steps and vehicle speed.
So thats good to confirm that module needs to be ripped out of a donor vehicle as well.

JeffDav wrote:Yep full control with fan speed, temperature and zones just no re circulation control with the mk1 him/ic combo,

Thats a big step up over the MK2 aircon issues. The re-circulation control must be a completely different command (No problem!)

JeffDav wrote:Defiantly a canbus command to turn on / off as it works correctly if i fit the fgx OR some MK2 clusters, they just wont work with my PCM.
It seams to get a Wake command when you open the door, it lights up and starts loading just no interface until you press the power button.

Ok, it might be a 'keep alive/awake' message constantly sent. The Holden VF's have the same implementation, and the radio will fall asleep after about 10mins of no use. Also requires pressing the power button to wakeup if missing the required commands.. so its sounding like an identical problem. I simulate these frames on bench when programming otherwise the modules will literally fall asleep mid programming.

Id imagine that would either be BEM or cluster that controls that aspect.
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 pm

JeffDav wrote:It seams to get a Wake command when you open the door, it lights up and starts loading just no interface until you press the power button.

Does the Sync2 wake up correctly with an FGx cluster fitted in car?

Car obviously doesn't start.. but does the the ICC wakeup and continue to stay awake?
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Mon May 29, 2017 4:25 pm

TazzI wrote:
JeffDav wrote:It seams to get a Wake command when you open the door, it lights up and starts loading just no interface until you press the power button.

Does the Sync2 wake up correctly with an FGx cluster fitted in car?

Car obviously doesn't start.. but does the the ICC wakeup and continue to stay awake?

Yep it functions correctly with the FGX Cluster fitted so i would say the command comes from there.

Any recommendations on the cheapest way to start data logging ?
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby TazzI » Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm

JeffDav wrote:Yep it functions correctly with the FGX Cluster fitted so i would say the command comes from there.

Any recommendations on the cheapest way to start data logging ?

Thats good news. Should be easier to find the command then since you can compare between standard cluster and FGx cluster. Or keep simulating messages back until it fires up.

Right, cheapest way to start logging is going to be windows PC, ELM327 and a bit of custom software.

I can set you up with the custom software if your keen to give it a whirl? (And cable if needed)
Will be able to view raw CAN frames, filter them and also send frames back for testing :D

This can then be moved to a more permanent integrated solution on a micro once worked out. Would just need to identify the ignition on command, then make it fire off the 'wake up' message to the ICC and keep broadcasting the stay alive message. The 'stay alive' message *may* be the same message.. wont know till doing some logging!

There will be a little bit of a learning curve, but its not too bad ;)
TazzI

Postby TazzI » Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

*Edit
hmmm seems carmodders private message option has disappeared.

For the interested parties that want to help reverse engineer the ICC/HIM commands, can you contact me:
development@envyouscustoms.com
TazzI

Postby fg6e » Tue May 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Which him commands are you after i have both the MK1 & MK2 him modules. i have a ELM 327 but don't know how to log can bus signals.

FGX do run a FG MK2 him module

I do know that FGX do run different steering wheel switches over FG,FG MK2 they run different ohms.

I would assume the "wake up command might be in the cluster" I know SZ Territory do run the same BEM between SZ 1 (FG MK2) & SZ 2 (FGX Falcon). But the FGX Falcon do run a separate BEM over FG,FG 2. Good work getting the sync system to work in a MK1. Back to the workshop manual and do some more reading up. Guess ill be looking for a cheap FGX ICC
fg6e
Starting Ignition

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts