Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

FG Mk2 ICC - how to disable factory Navigation

Specific interior modification information for Ford FG Series Falcons and FPV models.

Postby mwb235 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:09 am

I have an FG Mk2 G6E with the factory fitted navigation (I wish it wasn't!) and dual zone c/c. I don't use the factory Nav as it cannot be updated after 2015 Q3 thanks to Ford's eternal wisdom. I much prefer my Navman anyway.

Does anyone here know how I could disable the factory navigation so that the NAV button at bottom of screen disappears? So that only the Home and Menu buttons show like the non-Nav units do?

I've removed the small GPS/Navigation PCB at the top/back of ICC (i.e. The small PCB that the GPS antenna connects to).

Then I have swapped my screen and its PCB with those out of a non-Nav Mk2 XR6 ICC, but nothing I try works properly. Either I lose aircon temp controls, the screen format changes, some buttons don't work, or it reverts to single zone C/C, or any combination of these.

I'm thinking the Nav must have to be disabled thru the software (i.e. with IDS etc), or has something to do with the "As Built" files?

Please help!
mwb235
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:52 am

Don't think Iv ever heard of someone trying to remove nav from their vehicle!

Have you tried purchasing the new navigation cards direct from Fords website?
TazzI

Postby JeffDav » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Could possibly disable it via asbuilt data using forscan,

i would just leave it alone, put it back to normal, sell it for profit and purchase a standard one.
JeffDav
Starting Ignition

Postby Specialst » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Hey mwb235...
I can’t help you with the disabling of your gps... however I have been on the hunt for any update for my 2013 mkii FG G6E Turbo factory sat nav, I’m chasing any version older than v20... the Ford/whereis/vdo web sites/phone calls etc etc claim that v19 is the latest version, but a couple (maybe it was 2015 like you said, I can’t remember), I had a mate in the service department at Ford and to the best of my knowledge, he usb flashed the v20 update into the system, even though I have the v19 SD card tucked up in under the glove box area. All of this makes it stranger, as those web sites, claim that the BA nav updates go all the way up to v23... anyway, do you happen to have a later card that you don’t want anymore ? Or can anyone else help me out, with a better ‘stock look option’ it’s a pain in the ass, driving around Perth in the ‘nether regions’ and the car telling me to turn left and right onto roads that aren’t there... some different voices would be cool too.. ‘Jennifer’ and ‘Brandon’ are starting to get on my nerves..
Cheers to anyone who can assist
Specialst
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts