Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Upgrading basic Head Unit to SSV/HSV

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby GearHead » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 pm

I have just swapped my basic Level 1 head unit to the Level 3 (SS-V / HSV) one with the LCD and dual-zone climate control on my 2008 VE
Everything works fine but i keep getting "Service Car Soon" warning and when checked by the dealer using the tech2 it showed an error code related
to missing or low volt for the dual-zone climate control. (Car never been programmed initially after the head unit installation)

They don't know what to do but they were kind enough to allow me to use the tech2 IF i know what to change.

If anyone can kindly provide me with a quick pointers on where to find that option/setting using the tech2 to make the car accept the new unit, i would be grateful.
GearHead
Kicking Tyres

Postby msenj » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Firstly, welcome to CarModder! :D

GearHead wrote:If anyone can kindly provide me with a quick pointers on where to find that option/setting using the tech2 to make the car accept the new unit, i would be grateful.

Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be fixed with a Tech2. You'll need to either:

Install resistors into the Heater Control Module to fool it in to thinking it has the correct sensors connected. (this is just single-zone manual but now with fancy controls)

or

Install the extra sensors, wiring, actuator and everything else and modify your heater box so it's actually dual-zone. (this is actual dual-zone automatic, just like the factory intended)

The reason the car is throwing the errors is that a dual-zone HCM expects extra sensors to control it, and if they aren't there, it logs a DTC.

Would strongly advise reading that whole thread start to finish as everything we know relating to this conversion is in it! 8-)
Assistant banhammer swinger since 2012...
msenj

Postby GearHead » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 pm

The head unit came with the additional modified HVAC and it is installed.
So i guess i fall under option one : will act as a single zone.

What am i missing
GearHead
Kicking Tyres

Postby MartinM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey Gearhead,

As msenj says, all the information for both types of conversion is contained in the forum.

The LCD head unit fitted with an unmodified dual zone hvac system will do exactly what yours is doing (I know, I tried this first before i went working out how to do the four resistor mod)

If you wish to use the unmodified HVAC module you are going to have to buy the sensors (the resistors just replace the four sensors so the HVAC module sees fixed values)

The trick to shut the dash "service vehicle soon" error is all in those four resistors or sensors, once you have read the forum, rip the "modified" HVAC module out and crack it open to check that somebody has actually fitted the resistors. If not, find a mate into electronics and he/she will probably fit them for a beer or two in under 10 minutes and it will solve your problem.

msenj put two clickable links in her post to the relevant info in the forum give them a click ;)
MartinM

Postby GearHead » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the info.
guess i'll contact the vendor then, as i was promised a plug&play setup and was assured it does not need any further modifications.
GearHead
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts