Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

ve commodore instruments not working

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby grant1962 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi all, i would like to thank this site for info on fixing my instruments. The problem was my Ve Commodore 07 ex police car, instruments were dead no gauges were working and the steering wheel controls not working. I pulled out the cluster and released the clamp on the back as shown in this site. I put the fitting back on (nothing still) then I pushed the fitting in and out and bingo everything worked, except the next day they went out again. I bought some CRC automotive electronic contact cleaner from super cheap $22 and sprayed the pins (socket and plug) and tried to clean them with small paint bush. The cluster is still working after a week so may be ok. I noted that thereare about 17 pins, 3 pins for power, there is a 12volt pin and ignition pin 12v and an earth pin, due to nothing working when ignition was on or off I think it was the earth pin open circuit. Anyway I would have been f---d if not for the info from this site, had it booked in at holden probably charge me for a new cluster.

thanks again Grant
grant1962
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:12 am

Woohoo !!!! Fantastic news !!!!

It's great to hear feedback like this, and I think I say this on behalf of everyone that contributes to the information on this site, feedback like this is greatly appreciated :D

Fingers crossed that the problem doesn't come back ;)
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby grant1962 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm

:( the problem came back again after a bout two months, I tried squashing the female clips in at the back of the 18 pin connector no real luck. I took the cluster apart couldn't see any dry solder joins or cracked board so am going to try a second hand cluster, if that doesn't work its off to holden or an auto elec.

Grant
grant1962
Newbie Modder

Postby grant1962 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:44 am

Update put in the second hand cluster it worked but the traction control and brake warning came up also speedo reading was with this cluster. I tried my old cluster again and it worked perfectly straight away but didn't work in the morning think it must have something to do with the computer shutting down due to my old cluster drawing too much current??
grant1962
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts