Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Tis2web reflashed Berlina cluster to single window

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Morris70 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 pm

When I was playing around with the tech2 and and tis2web a few weeks ago, I had my new triple display Berlina cluster hooked up to the car (Omega). tis2web said that there was new software available for the IPC, so I thought cool, reflashing it with the latest software can't be a bad thing ?
Unfortunately when it finished the upgrade it was now a single display cluster (with the latest software !)

Is there a way to trick tis2web into reflashing the triple window software back in ?
reflashing the eeprom with the backup bin doesn't help, as it's the MCU flash memory thats changed

I thought if I put a MY10 Berlina VIN into tisweb and/or put a Berlina VIN into the eeprom, it would trick tis2web into flashing the right software...
Morris70
Contributor

Postby TazzI » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:32 pm

The other guys may have a better/easier solution, although Iv found the only way to trick/manipulate the tech2 is to intercept the frames sent between the tech2. I have the tech2 connected up to one port and the car to another port whereby custom software sends the car frames to the tech2 so it detects car chatter but when the tech2 "requests" data from the car, I simply send back the data I want it to receive so it opens up locked menus ect.

In your case, you would need to develop software to connect between the tech2 and tis2web to allow free communication, would then need to intercept the requests that the tech2 sends back to tis2web, modify them then send it on back! (different vin ect).
Not sure on how complex that would be since VE's communication is a shit load quicker then that on vy/vz's. Computers can keep up just may be a slight lag between normal responses due to the "searching" of frames.
Again, all theoretical.. and also need to know exactly what frames you want to look for/change to trick tis2web ect.

I wouldnt have thought that putting in a different vin would work.. thought a simple security measure as checking the cars vin and model via comms would be performed to prevent any wrong changes.
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Tis2web usually pulls the vin from the ECM and auto fills it in but you can change it. Tis2web will download the data for that vin attempt to upload the data from the entered vin

If the upgraded software is compatible with the Module hardware then it will flash. The module checks.

Sorry Tazzi bit it's a bit of a different kettle of fish with the SPS/tis2web and CANBUS. And the Tech2 is really for just configuring the module after a reflash if need be.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Morris70 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:48 pm

ok, cool,
Thanks guys, I'll buy another 2 day pass when I've got a few more thngs to do at the same time to justify the cost !
I also discovered that tis2000 is enough to give it security access to program certain things on the VE, eg programming model variant info into the cluster, without needing tis2web access

Cheers
Morris70
Contributor

Postby jezzab » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Morris70 wrote:ok, cool,
Thanks guys, I'll buy another 2 day pass when I've got a few more thngs to do at the same time to justify the cost !
I also discovered that tis2000 is enough to give it security access to program certain things on the VE, eg programming model variant info into the cluster, without needing tis2web access

Cheers

Yup ;)

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby anarklov3r » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Hey guys, quick question...

I'm wanting to upgrade the software on my WM Caprice Series 1 (v8) and holden wanted something rediculous like $170 per software upgrade (one for dash, one for engine, one for trans, one for stereo/body)

I've got a Tech2 which i purchased, if i was to pay for the 2 day pass for TIS2WEB would that allow me to download and install the latest dash, trans, engine and stereo software into my car?
anarklov3r
Newbie Modder

Postby jezzab » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Yes..

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Morris70 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Woohoo ! that did it - tricking tis2web allowed the right software to be flashed, and I got my triple display back :-)
berlina_hsv cluster.jpg

The earlier VDO Berlina clusters had green LCD backlighting - the leds are white, but the colour comes from
a green plastic diffuser under each lcd panel. I had to make up my own diffusers to change the LCD colour to white.
Same with the cluster overlay - there's green paint all over the underside, and the easiest thing to do was buy a new overlay. Cheapest one I could find was HSV, but this throws out the speedo above 120 km/h
berlina.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Morris70 on Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morris70
Contributor

Postby jezzab » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 am

Cool. Well done.

jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 03, 2013 1:41 am

Is the tis2web you guys are using the American one or is there an Australian site.

Cheers

Cobalt
Cobalt
Kicking Tyres

Next

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts