Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

IQ stereo in Series 1

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby TazzI » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Coxy2097 wrote:Sorry; it'll be going an manual SV6. I have seen the work ultimate wiring conversions do and I'll be definitely getting them to atleast do the vin programming. I would get the kit from them but I would like to get navigation which will be a lot cheaper id assume if I got the right unit and trim from the wreckers

When it comes to the VE's, if your going to try and fit a different radio, your going to either have to pay the extra to get the work done, or do a lot of work to figure it out your self. So your options really are:

a) doing a lot of research and filtering through the large threads on here informing you of what exactly needs to be changed (including any facia bits) and the programming requirements.. which then means your going to have to work out what needs to be programmed, the hex locations, obtaining the equipment to make the changes and the other bits and pieces inbetween. Or if you dont want to do that, the unit then needs to be shipped to someone with the capabilities of doing this which again is going to cost alot of shipping and the work to be completed

Or b) Pay the extra for a unit that is prepared and ready to go.. plug and play into your car with no hassles.

There isnt a "How To" guide for fitting and reprogramming these units so unless you like to get down and dirty into hacking/reverse engineering radios.. then I know which option Id go for ;)

*Note
And before its said, Im not trying to be a salesmen as im not the owner of customwiringconversions. I just know top work comes from there. :)
TazzI

Postby silversv6 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Does he have to do the HVAC module as well, since he doesn't have dual zone climate control? or will the SII controls work with the air con?
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby TazzI » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 pm

silversv6 wrote:Does he have to do the HVAC module as well, since he doesn't have dual zone climate control? or will the SII controls work with the air con?

Thats definately a question that probably Zerone,Jezza or Doubledip can answer.

Im still piddling away with vt/vx/vy/vz commodores :D
TazzI

Postby doubledip » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm

TazzI wrote:
silversv6 wrote:Does he have to do the HVAC module as well, since he doesn't have dual zone climate control? or will the SII controls work with the air con?

Thats definately a question that probably Zerone,Jezza or Doubledip can answer.

Im still piddling away with vt/vx/vy/vz commodores :D

yes hvac still needs modifying.... in a series 2 car all have IQ and dual zone unlike series 1
doubledip

Postby silversv6 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 am

Coxy2097, I would be buying the kit which is programmed for your car in the price. By the time you buy one from the wreckers & then send it away to get programmed it will almost cost you that much any way & they might look after you with programming your HVAC module at the same time. Having climate control is worth every bit of time & money, but it's your call. Don't get the IQ out of an Omega as I am sure none of them rip CD's but correct me if I am wrong guys.

They aren't "plug & play" from the wreckers, so you will have fun working out the wiring or if you can buy the patch cable separate, it's going to all add up anyway.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby bushbasha » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Hey guys just installed an IQ into my s1 today. Just have a question regarding the retained power. Will the head unit still retain power for a few minutes with it shut down, key out and door open?

I've got my after market processor and amps connected to the rear speakers off the original factory amp plug. Now I noticed that with everything all off the amps still have power going to them when they didn't before the change. I did come back and they looked to be off after a period of time. Is this normal should it still be supplied power after being shut down?

Thanks
bushbasha
Kicking Tyres

Postby bigmuzza1959 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:59 pm

hi, completed successful IQ upgrade from S!, do you know which wires are used for the microphone form the series 1 of the car to the series 2 iq?, everything else works but the phone microphone.
Any help you could give on the matter
Also have another problem, "service vehicle soon" appears on start up? This is not a reminder for servicing rather it appears to be a fault code, possibly due to the IQ upgrade? any help on this please?

Kind regard anton
bigmuzza1959
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 am

Hi BigMuzza,

What you will need to do with the microphone is to bypass the Bluetooth module used by the Series I head units.
(This module is located above the glove box).

If you remove the stock bluetooth module, and connect the microphone wiring directly up to the X4 Connector on the IQ unit
X4 Pin 1 (29) Microphone (+)
X4 Pin 2 (30) Microphone (-)

You can test (cheaply) by running something like Skype on your phone, using wifi, and dial another skype user.

Let me know how you go, or at what point you get stuck.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby bigmuzza1959 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
I located a circuit diagram of the bluetooth module on the net, and got the the mic working late yesterday.
The 2 wires you mentioined on the bluetooth module are a pink/black and Blue, they are in a pair that has shrink over them.
I peeled back some of the loom to find this out. You are also corect, they do go to the the mic which is located in the roof light section. My old bluetooth module is now disconnected.
I ran a lenghth of shielded mic cable from these 2 wires directly to the mic wires on the quad connector of the head unit. Pink/Black goes to - Mic (pin 2 X4) and blue goes to + mic (pin 1 X4)
All is working great now, hope to write up my story in the next week or so, with my many learning tips on how to do the S1 to S2 convesions with ease and confidence.

Now all I need to fix, that annoying 'sevice vehicle soon" message, I loath having to go to Holden's to clear this?
bigmuzza1959
Newbie Modder

Postby Bljohns » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:02 pm

I am in the same situation.
I have video set up fine and have a dvd player im wanting to fit in, I have no clue how I am suppose to wire in the audio RCA plugs. any help would be appreciated.
Need to do asap.
cheers
Bljohns
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts