Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

IQ stereo in Series 1

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby bushbasha » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Im curious to know if my issue is normal or not. when opening the door to the car that is already unlocked that it starts to fire up the IQ, the screen doesnt light up or anything but power is supplied and sends power down the speaker wires.
because when i open my door my amps ETC turn on, as i have a voltage sensor off of a speaker wire so when the HU fires up the amps do, but i dont want them powered up every time a door is opened or unlocked etc. surely this isnt normal. ive had the IQ for a few years now but just put a new one in due to issues and want to resolved it just incase something else happens.

ok so i can sit in the car, door closed amps power off, i turn the interior light on and then the amps power up, same thing open the door they power up. so im assuming the BCM is telling it to wake up, can this be changed or have i taken a wrong wire somewhere?

thanks
bushbasha
Kicking Tyres

Postby doubledip » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:13 pm

you have wired the amps remote up wrong...

the bcm comes to life when it sees the door open and wakes a lot of the other modules up...

wire up your amps correctly and you will be fine
doubledip

Postby bushbasha » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:24 pm

thanks for the reply. How do you suggest i wire them up mate, is there a remote wire off of the HU? or just take a 12V acc (which i didn't particularly want to do because ill lose all sound as soon as the car is off and before the door is open, etc)

as i have a low voltage sensor off of a speaker wire, once it detects the voltage off of the speakers it sends the 12V to the amps, the old S1 HU used to turn on and off with the button, and never came on unless it had ignition, this one not so much. i wanted to be able to control the amps with the HU to stop the whine a low volume,
bushbasha
Kicking Tyres

Previous

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts