Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

ve ssv headunit problems. help plz

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby 69terra69 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:48 pm

hey guys thanks for the replys

so ive spent nearly 6 hours on this today with no luck at all done about 6 flashes with no luck.

i now believe i have the newer model radio my9.5 as the vin is in the newer location.

but still clueless as why i have no sound it still plays all the beeps through speakers just no sound from the cd, aux and radio. but weird how when i pause it under 36 volume it will play very very low volume but any button gets touched it disappears.
69terra69
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 pm

I am pretty sure I have read somewhere, that the wiring output is slightly different from SS to SSV in S1's. Have a swim through the forum & look around. cheers

Have you read this topic: Accessing the Hidden Audio Service Mode for VE Commodores
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby 69terra69 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 pm

yeah had a read of it but fairly sure all the wiring is the same except one wire but they are having trouble with fuse blowing not no sound.

thx again
69terra69
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:29 am

Can you access the service mode when it is in the car? If you have tried that then I would say that your programming is not programming correctly(corrupt). Check if you are programming the original version back & not the one you changed. Also is your programmer set correct? Could it be you got a clapped out unit from the start? Not sure if the HVAC could have anything to do with it if you only have air con & it has s/z d/z climate control.

I had an eprom that would not flash properly (4-5 times), it was dropping the first couple of lines & I worked out that it was not clearing properly from the previous load. Once I sorted it, it worked spot on. I cleared it, then read it again before trying to load it again and found it still had some info on it. cleared again & ok.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Previous

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts