Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Changing Cluster/Button lighting

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Rayrayrr » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

Any pictures gsuggett?
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby gsuggett » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Rayrayrr wrote:Any pictures gsuggett?

I do! I will post several. They aren't pretty at all since I put them in as an experiment. I believe in these pics I only replaced the red LEDs with blue since they were the only kind I had at the time. Since then I have ordered almost every color I could get and even ordered some UV. Not sure how well they will hold up. I have read somewhere that they will still work if the voltages are not exact but they will only last 10,000 hours instead of 100,000 hours (something extreme like that).

The Needle for the Tach and Speedo have 2 LEDs and I replaced one on the Tach side just to see how it would look. It is a mess right now and I don't much care for it but most people who see what I have done say they like it. I am really interested to see how the UV are going to look...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby gsuggett » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Sorry about the size on those... I forgot this other file as well. This was when I used Acetone to remove the Red and left it clear and took a picture. It is harder to see during the day but it lights up bright at night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby gsuggett » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:58 am

I just finished doing the cluster lighting in bright white with blue needles. The needles for fuel and engine temp are in blue as there is only one LED for each of those. The speed and tach are one white and one blue the blue is on the right on the board. When it revs up it gets lighter as it goes. Anywho here are a few pics. I did the radio in blue and white also but some of the lighting had to be left white because the knobs have red on them.

Greg
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby Rayrayrr » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:31 pm

wow looks good gsuggett :)
looking forward to getting mine started very soon.
got the car back from the mechanics the other day... throttlebody and maf decided to start playing up :(
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby Rayrayrr » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Update
Ive ordered all my LEDs so hopefully will be here soon and i can get started!
will have pictures :)
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby gsuggett » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Thanks Rayrayrr.

I did everything except the steering wheel and the center window and door control. I think I'm going to have to change resistors to get the voltage right to get a white or blue led to work on those. The red is just too low of voltage. The LEDs in the center are round top. Look like a T1 or maybe a little smaller. The ones in the steering wheel control are smaller than the PLCC2 used on most everything else and they are lower voltage as well. I'll post on here when I have them working. I also made a plaster mold of a HSV badge and made a new steering wheel badge with epoxy and carbon fiber but it looks pretty rough for now. Too many things going for me to keep up with!

Greg
gsuggett
Starting Ignition

Postby Rayrayrr » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 pm

All good gsugget, make sure you put the pics up when your done :)
Rayrayrr
Starting Ignition

Postby LYTEK81 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi Rayrayrr loving your mod, I'm trying to do the same as you on the window switch. Pretty much have everything apart and it looks as though I need to push the connector pins through to the other end to get the board off bit just want to ask you first before I break something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LYTEK81
Newbie Modder

Postby My07vessv » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:13 am

Hi guys,
I am just try to get power for under dash in my ve series 1 ssv to put in led strip lighting in footwells,
I have seen it done on utube but they cut out the part to show you what wires to connect it up to because they were a mob that put them In for you or diy but pay through the the nose for the strip lighting...
Can any one help me out with what colour wires & where I can tap into them fo power so when interior light comes on the strip lighting will aswell?
My07vessv
Newbie Modder

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts