Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VE SSV ute - change the steering wheel airbag to a HSV one

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby AndreasB » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi all, I've recently picked up an excellent condition HSV steering wheel airbag cheap. Just wondering if there are any issues swapping my standard one with the HSV unit? Neither have been deployed and physically fit the same. Just not sure if there are any VIN's or serial numbers coded into the actual airbags themselves.

Cheers
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby ZerOne » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:31 pm

The only thing to look out for is the connector is different for Series I and Series II airbags.
(Male / Female swapped around).

So as long as the connect fits in to the plug, then youshould be good to go :)
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby AndreasB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:07 am

Ah good work, thanks very much for the headsup I'll definitely check for that. Last time I had my air bag off, from memory there was an orange and a blue connector. Are you saying they have been swapped over? In other words if I try and connect a S2 bag to a S1 car, the orange plug will fit the blue socket and visa versa?

If that's the case then it wont work correct?

Thanks again!
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby AndreasB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 am

Nevermind my last post, I know what you are talking about now, I've just looked up some pictures. Would you know if its possible to change the clockspring/wiring? ie, put a series 2 clockspring/wiring into a series one without modifying the wiring or plugs?

Thanks!
AndreasB
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:14 pm

You may find that you can put all your parts (clock spring, bag) into the HSV cover. See if you can get a deployed one the same as your original one from the wreckers & have a look. The HSV cover may even fit onto your original base. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts