Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

IQ System GPS Repair

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby henry19720 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi All,

Quick question - does anyone know if there is anyone who can repair the unit?

I got mine out of a wreck (hence no warranty) and has been working fine for about ten months. It now will work for about two hours then stop as if the program won't load. It is throwing a DTC for SD Card error. The tech manual says to replace the card ( I updated to genuine my13 maps) and if it persists replace the unit.

I've put the current software on it and after a power off cycle ( about five minutes) it will continue to work again. Just a bit annoying as I do long - 4 hours plus - trips.

Thanks in advance!
henry19720
Kicking Tyres

Postby ZerOne » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Does it kinda fail when you go over a bump, or when the car is jolted ?

A couple of us have obtained IQ units from wrecks, and after receiving the IQ unit via postage, the IQ unit will refuse to power up at all.

Not that this sounds related to your problem, but the sub boards on the IQ units can move around a little bit, and the connectors between the sub boards can be a bit finicky.

I personally have had 2 IQ main units that would refuse to power up, but after a suggestion from Jezzab, I took the units apart, cleaned the board connectors, and assembled them back together (carefully), and got both units working 100%.

Also try copying the maps to another SD card (Get yourself a good high speed genuine Sandisk SD card from somewhere like officeworks - Not ebay) and see if that improves things.
I noticed an improvement in the GPS startup speed using the high speed Sandisk SD card over the factory SD Card.

Finally, the only other thing I can think of is the problem may be with the SD Connector on the Nav Board.
I dunno if it might be a matter of dust build up, or slightly bent pins on the connector, that may be losing connection when you are hitting bumps or something like that ?

I hope this helps ?
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby henry19720 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Great info,

Thanks mate I'll give that a try. The different sd card will be the easiest to start with. I'll copy the data and see what happens on Monday as I've got another five hour drive then.
henry19720
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts