Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

No Video on Colour LCD Headunit

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby charger465 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi All.
I have just plugged in a cable to the X7 video connector of my headunit (Series 1 SSV headunit), and am unable to see any video.

I have used pins 14(video+) and 5(ground) for the video input. When I push the AUX button on the headunit, all I get is a blank screen.

I have not done the VIM modification, but was expecting video to play whilst stationary.

I am using an AC powered DVD player as video source. I was thinking that the issue might be that the power supplies are isolated. If I had a 12V powered video source close at hand, I'd test this theory.

Anyone got any ideas/solutions ?
Rgds.
charger465
Kicking Tyres

Postby Morris70 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:58 am

Have you double checked that the pinouts are correct on the x7 connector ?
Might be worth trying a different video source and see if that helps. Is there sound if you connect the dvd audio on the X3 connector?

From memory, if you go over 3km/hr without the VIM mod, the display just shows "REAR AUX" instead of the video.
Morris70
Contributor

Postby phoenixdude24 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Check the positive and negative leads at the rca port end. It might be a power issue as well as previously stated, if you could power it in your garage with an extension cable maybe that could help give you an answer.
phoenixdude24
Starting Ignition

Postby charger465 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:00 pm

My rear camera arrived the other day and it works like a charm........whilst stationary ;)

I've re-tested with an AC DVD player and a AC TV Tuner, and I get nothing (they do output video........I tested it on my TV). So it seems that the isolated power supplies were the problem.

For anyone else testing their headunit, your video source must be powered from the car.

Thanks to phoenixdude24 and Morris70 for taking the time to respond to my questions.
Rgds.
charger465
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts