Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

power supply for electric windows

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby racarb » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Hello,

I'm trouble shooting an electric window issue. None of the windows go up or down using any switches. I've looked at one post where you can short out the pins at the front control module and found no 12v supply.
I checked at the front passengers fuse panel and found no power there. I checked the fuse for the electric seat next to it, it had 12v as did the vacant spot marked " power windows battery".
Any idea where to check next. The fuse box in the engine bay shows nothing to do with power windows.

It's very inconvenient. Twice now I've had to park and walk to the counter at maccas :D
racarb
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:07 am

In the pass kick panel fuse box is 3 or 4 circuit breakers. No4 is a spare. They are to the right of the fuse puller clip. B1= power window main power, B2= power wind retained power (for after key is turned off) B3= power seat/s. The one closest to the fuse puller is B1. If the 4th one is in there, swap it with B1 & try that. Fuse 24 (2amp) is for power windows as well but only for retained power.
The VACANT spot marked....power windows battery is the power supply for the windows....so maybe the missing circuit breaker being replaced will solve your problem. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby racarb » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks for that I'll check it out.
racarb
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, did you get your windows working?
silversv6
Major Contributor

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts