Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

HSV Gauges

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby SSV364 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi all, just seeing if anyone is using MY09 HSV Gauges (white face with red back light) on a E2 or E3 gauge module at all? Just wondering if the internals are the same in the gauges?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SSV364
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi SSV364

I'm currently using early (E1 I think) Gauges with an E3 module.

You can mix and match the gauges and modules, however there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

1) The module tells the gauges what position to be in (Eg 50% deflection). The module does not actually send the
raw data to the gauge for interpretation. (Eg it does not send 15V, it tells the volts gauge to move the needle to 50% or the halfway point)

2) With the White gauges, there are two types (The only difference is the faces).
Narrow readings (E1, where the max voltage reading is 16V)
And
Wide readings (??? E2 I think ???, where the mac voltage reading is 18V)

E3 models use Wide readings.

Soooo, what this actually means is if you are using narrow reading gauges from an E1 model,
and these are connected to a wide reading module, then the needles will be pointing in the wrong positions. (Much lower than what the actual values are)
(Eg I have narrow E1 gauges, and an E3 module, and the needle NEVER goes above 12V (When in actual fact the voltage is around 15V)

Likewise, if you went the other way, and fitted an E1 module (Narrow Readings) to E3 gauges, then the needles will be positioned much higher than the actual values.

Looking at your gauges, you have Wide reading gauges, so you will be fine if you use an E3 module.

Having said this, the electronics in the gauges are all the same, its just the faces that are different.
You can get Narrow, or Wide reading white faces for the HSV gauges on eBay, which is what I have done to correct my problem.

I hope this information helps ?
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby Voodoojezza » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 pm

hi Zerone so if im using the e2 wide reading gauges and use the e1 narrow reading module can i calibrate the gauge to read correct
cheers
jezza'
Voodoojezza
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts