Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

HELP... Radio IQ 2 VE Calais 2011

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby vedante » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:32 am

Hi guys, anyone know how to install other applications on Windows CE , on the radio IQ2 Calais VE 2011 ???
because I want to try to get another gps program, for example Sygic or other....
Thanks guys
vedante
Newbie Modder

Postby Cbrdave » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:19 pm

That's a great question and have been thinking about that myself, think everyone should ask someone who is good at hacking pc software,
Cbrdave
Newbie Modder

Postby Omega » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:09 am

I did a little digging during my recent US map navi quest. From what I hear, the system is WinCE, which is patchable. Once you get to the home screen, you're in. I found this site: http://www.wincepatch.com, but they require some device info that I have not found.. yet.
Omega
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 am

The biggest problem is a lot of these WinCE patches / hacks require you to either set the execution path, or backup / replace the executable file on the SD card.

Holden / GM were quite smart (and a pain in the ass) in this respect, and have limited this kind of vulnerability by
1) Placing the executable on the flash memory on the Nav Board itself (Not on the SD Card),
2) Hard coding the executable file path so as this cannot be changed.

So this essentially rules out a lot of the GPS hacking information available for WinCE devices on the web.
(Especially the point the executable path to explorer.exe type exploits).

This unfortunately leaves us with hacking the data files on the IQ Nav system.

The voice files can be changed fairly easily.
There are a number of non TTS Voices that can be downloaded from the web, and once downloaded all that is needed is to map the voice snippets and rename the files to the IQ equivalent. (Time consuming, but fairly easy to do).

There is also a SQLite Database file on the SD Card that can be edited very easily.
It contains a lot of the Map data, and the traffic management data, but it also has POI data such as Cameras School Zones, Businesses, etc.
POI data can be added to fairly easily, and it may be possible to import POI data from one of the open source mapping initiatives.
(If anyone is interested, if you are running firefox, you can use the SQLite Manager 0.81 Plug In, which works a real treat with viewing SQLite Databases - especially the Maps database.
ZerOne
Site Admin

Postby jezzab » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 am

Who said its WindowsCE? ;)
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts