Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VIN unlock Infotainment Unit for VE Berlina

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby katu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and looking for a bit of help. My Infotainment Unit on VE 2007 Berlina has died and I've purchased another one off Ebay, from a 2009 VE Berlina, not knowing that they are VIN locked. :cry:

Is there anyone in Melbourne that can help me with VIN Unlocking?
Not for free, obviously.
If not, perhaps I can "borrow" the tools required and try to do this myself?

Thanks in advance :D

PS: I have read all posts related to VIN unlocking and I'm not confident to try this on my own... :?
katu
Newbie Modder

Postby silversv6 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:10 pm

You can post it to a place at castle hill NSW & they do it + other options if needed & post it back to you. Search: Ultimate conversion wiring.
He will look after you. cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby katu » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks mate, I was hoping I didn't need to send the unit over to NSW... Can get damaged in transport and you're in for a bigger loss... :?
I actually just found out that JHP here in Melbourne can do this as well, I will get more info soon.

Thanks so much for replying.
katu
Newbie Modder

Postby katu » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:22 am

Ok, I've decided to buy the programmer and lead/clip and did the job myself.
If anyone is in the same situation and would like their head unit VIN unlocked, send me a PM and we'll sort it out.

Big thanks to davejames73
katu
Newbie Modder

Postby ZerOne » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:07 pm

katu wrote:Thanks mate, I was hoping I didn't need to send the unit over to NSW... Can get damaged in transport and you're in for a bigger loss... :?
I actually just found out that JHP here in Melbourne can do this as well, I will get more info soon.

Thanks so much for replying.

JHP wont actually touch the headunit, unless your source the whole kit from them.
(They say that it is impossible to upgrade the headunit without sourcing a specially programmed headunit kit from them .

And to directly quote them...
**Please note you cannot purchase a standard VE SS-V or Calais radio head unit from GM or a wreckers and then install it into your vehicle, it WILL NOT work. ** JHP have received many enquires asking to modify their own recently purchased SS-V radio unit, unfortunately the request is declined.
If you want this up-grade kits which is programmed and modified to suit all VE SS - SV6 -Omegas its only available thru JHP.

This is the main reason why many of us worked out how to do this, and published the info.
My suggestion is to not to bother with JHP. They can ONLY get their own kits to work ;)

Also note if you are going to get this stuff sent off for programming, Ultimate Wiring Conversion can disable the Video In Motion lockout for a lot cheaper than other places (such as the one mentioned above).
They can also change the startup screen animation to any custom animation you may like....

ZerOne
Site Admin

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts