Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

SV6 series 1 satnav upgrade

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby dirkbox » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi well I have spent most of the day trying to gain information for these very helpful boards but need to ask some questions.

I have just purchased a SATNAV LCD head unit off of gumtree but think I may have been ripped.

I was told it was complete apart from wire from headunit to glove box module. But looking on this site I think I may need the dvd player part from the glove box and gps antenna. The antenna I know I can get from ebay (thanks again this forum) but the dvdplayer part I don't know and not sure if I wanna spend more money knowing the maps are out of date anyway.

So I have headunit (ls3 and facia) and a module part holden number 92238591.

Also I know I have to get the headunit vin reprogrammed, what places are there in brisbane that do this.

thanks for your help
d
dirkbox
Newbie Modder

Postby pek1973 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 am

Zerone did a full write up on this board of whats required to fit sat nav to a non sat nav car - a quick search will give you.

view_doc.php?doc_id=75&model_id=19

Sounds like your missing the dvd player, the gateway, GPS attenae and the wiring from the player/gateway to the headunit.

The pictures will show you exactly what your missing.

hope it helps
Chevrolet CR8 (aka HSV E1 Clubsport)
Borla Cat Back Exhaust
VCM CAI
6L80 Deep Sump Mod.
Pat G. Tune
Bilstein B8, Tein S Tech lowered springs, Superpro Strut mount tops
Parrott MKI 9200 Bluetooth
pek1973
Starting Ignition

Postby bryce007 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:25 am

I'm actually pulling out all the Series 1 GPS gear out of my VE Calais in Brisbane this week. - Upgrading to a S2 IQ unit. Let me know if you're interested in parts.
bryce007
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts