Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

IQ into s1, problems with steering wheel controls

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby mflippy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi everyone im new to the forums here and this is my first first post, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a ve ssv s1 and the previous owner had the s2 IQ headunit installed, however Im having a couple of problems with it. I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on the following:

Firstly, the left scroller on the steering wheel that you use to change stations/songs does not work while the car is on and running, but will however work when I have the ignition just turned onto accessories and the car is not running.

Also another problem im having is whenever I either beep the horn or turn my fog lights on I get a USB device error message on the iq and it starts playing music from the usb plugged in, im pretty sure though from what I have gathered reading other forums that this could be due to electrical spikes such as high beams coming on, foggies and say beeping the horn. Im pretty sure that the HID fog lights the previous owner installed would be causing this to happen, is this right? and would replacing these with stock globes and maybe putting a filtering capacitor on the power supply to the IQ unit work?

thanks in advance guys.
mflippy
Newbie Modder

Postby mflippy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Just an update on this guys, I got into contact with Justin from Ultimate Conversion Wiring and he told me that sometimes after installing a series 2 IQ head unit to a series 1 the scroller may not work, this is due to the manufacturers being different for the cluster and the head unit, and how they "communicate" so to speak is different. Justin informed me installing a series 2 cluster should fix my problem, I've purchased a s2 ssv cluster online and will be getting it reprogrammed and fitted by UCW and hopefully this fixes the problem.
mflippy
Newbie Modder

Postby bushbasha » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:20 pm

I'd be interested in how you got on with this, I have that problem among others aswell. Though sometimes it can work to change songs etc while everything running most time not though it seems recently it's been happening
bushbasha
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts