Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Ve dz passenger side heater prob

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby hack1979 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi
I've got a VE clubbie with dual zone climate control. Had some issues with a broken blend door actuator, so replaced the broken unit. Big thanks to this forum for the how to strip the interior to get to them! When I do a blend door calibration all the actuators except one cycle through their range ok, but the passenger side temp door moves to the hot position but doesn't cycle back to cold.

I've tried a different actuator, left the battery disconnected and tried again but no joy, it keeps doing the same thing. All other functions are fine, just passenger side blend door.

Anyone got any ideas what to try next?

Cheers
Dan
hack1979
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Tried swapping it with one of the "working" actuators to see if that fixed it?
TazzI

Postby hack1979 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Yes tried old ones, new ones etc. it's weird, if I do the calibration with the actuator in my hand (not screwed in position), it cycles back and forth ok. If I calibrate with it screwed in position, it goes full hot and stays there. The blend door mechanism is free to move.
hack1979
Newbie Modder

Postby TazzI » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 am

hack1979 wrote:Yes tried old ones, new ones etc. it's weird, if I do the calibration with the actuator in my hand (not screwed in position), it cycles back and forth ok. If I calibrate with it screwed in position, it goes full hot and stays there. The blend door mechanism is free to move.

Can you take a picture of the actuator in place? Someone might spot something your missing ;)
TazzI

Postby Rbarganier » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Sounds like its grounding out when screwed in but that is just a guess without seeing it
Rbarganier
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts