Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VF HSV Cluster Sedan to Wagon

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby Cobalt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:04 pm

I am in the process of transplanting a Stat written off VF HSV GTS in its entirety into a Wagon.
I also have a Stat written off VF SSV Wagon that is providing the donor wiring for the vehicle.

I have added the missing components to the wagon harness from the GTS incl the MRC and the Bose Stereo wiring and the other bits and pieces. Quite a task....

I would like to change the dash so it shows the Wagon when the doors are open and says tailgate rather than boot open.

I have done many mods with eproms with vy/vz but have completely skipped ve....also have a ability to de-solder eproms etc.

I rekon I will wait till its all together or if there is an easy way to power up the cluser may do it before its all together.

Any pointers befoThe mods to the qnx have been done in the states but sending the unit over there seems like a pita,,,,re I attack this would be great.

As this will be effectively a new vehicle I would like to change the vehicle number to gts 001 or even have gts tourer 0001 come up on the mylink but that looks like a much bigger job to modify the mylink/qnx

This has been done in the states but sending the unit to America seems like a pita. I rekon there are not to many peop0le modding their vf's as they are in warranty but I'm happy to pioneer this a little.
I have pulled apart the headunit and there is a 64mb flash chip. Sort of stuck as I rekon you would need to access via jtag etc but I don't have any experience in this. Most 'linux' boxes I access have net/console and can jut connect to make changes.

Cheers in Advance

Chad
Cobalt
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:00 pm

When your saying GNX.. are you talking about the mylink EDI? since their a HSV kinda thing thing which can't be reprogrammed just like the VE's. They are what cause the display of GTS ect. on the main screen.
TazzI

Postby jezzab » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:51 pm

There is much more then 64mb in there...... Maybe you missed the other two BGA chips. We are talking GBs. The updates for the MyLink alone are 4GB
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby Cobalt » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:47 pm

Havent opened the HSV one yet..

Pulled the board out of the VF SSV and thee are no BGA mem chips just a single flash chip.

I'm more interested in the cluster atm...
Cobalt
Kicking Tyres

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts