Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

VY/VZ Headunit Mod for Aux Input

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby TazzI » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Nemesis04 wrote:I'm going down the path of using android and the headphone remote connection to change tracks.

Since the radios aldl communication being sorted, depending on what path you have gone down (android/ios), youd be able to grab the current song/info and display on cluster as well 8-)

Or even go into what you mentioned with a "on dash gps" and get directions on screen.

This is still one of my favorite projects!, Pitty most of the attachments are gone though!
TazzI

Postby aarty » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 pm

This is a great thread....

I can't view the attachements. Anyone else can reload them up??
aarty
Newbie Modder

Postby ravenger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 am

Hi,

This project has inspired me to perform an Aux input mod of my own. As the attachments are no longer available, I have performed testing of my own to determine the I2C control codes. If there is any interest, I will provide a write up. I'll be using a PIC mcu as I am more familiar with programming PICs than Atmel mcus.

Feel free to contact me with your suggestions or requests.
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:59 am

ravenger wrote:Hi,

This project has inspired me to perform an Aux input mod of my own. As the attachments are no longer available, I have performed testing of my own to determine the I2C control codes. If there is any interest, I will provide a write up. I'll be using a PIC mcu as I am more familiar with programming PICs than Atmel mcus.

Feel free to contact me with your suggestions or requests.

Yeah alot of the attachments got left behind with the site move. I loved the idea of the whole integrated setup for the ipod/android and getting text displaying on the lcd screen. Would be great to actually get something going! I was a bit lost in what I was wiring up to when following nems progress

I have a few stock radios laying around that are ready to be tinkered with :D
TazzI

Postby ravenger » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 pm

TazzI wrote:Yeah alot of the attachments got left behind with the site move. I loved the idea of the whole integrated setup for the ipod/android and getting text displaying on the lcd screen. Would be great to actually get something going! I was a bit lost in what I was wiring up to when following nems progress

I have a few stock radios laying around that are ready to be tinkered with :D

I have managed to get the input working after doing my own sniffing of the I2C bus on the main board. I've not yet done any testing with interpreting the front panel buttons nor LCD screen text. I do plan on having the ability to set the LCD text when in aux mode, however I currently have no plans to implement track names nor true iPod control. I'm currently limited in my project due to time and the MCUs I have available. I've ordered a PIC24 dev kit which will give me all the power and inputs I desire, so once that arrives, I'll likely start to make this into a replicable project. I'll be doing a write up soon and I'll attempt to link it here (if this forum allows).
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Great work! The text on screen is an added bonus, the main achievement is actually playing music through the aux channel of the chip.

But yeah, more then welcome to do a writeup or just comment as you go.
TazzI

Postby ravenger » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:31 pm

I've created a new topic with a link to my aux input write up. Follow me on my site.
ravenger
Kicking Tyres

Postby atreidae » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:27 pm

So, I've come across this thread after much googling.

Obviously in this day and age interfacing with an iPhone via iPod out is near impossible. So I'm looking at implementing a 3,5mm input for the TDA chip.

I've found a ton of handy info both here and in ravenger's site and I'm presently coding a solution up for an Arduino. Overkill I know but I bought a bunch for $7 each so cant really complain.

I was just wondering if anyone managed to get the SPI attachment details prior to the fourm move? I dont have much in the way of data sniffing tools.. infact my scope is from the 70s!

I know what its like to google a thread like this and come up with someone that says "Hey, I'm fixing this" only never to see a response again. If for some reason I dont post back here with my results.. PM me and I'll come back!
atreidae
Kicking Tyres

Postby TazzI » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:34 pm

atreidae wrote:So, I've come across this thread after much googling.

Obviously in this day and age interfacing with an iPhone via iPod out is near impossible. So I'm looking at implementing a 3,5mm input for the TDA chip.

I've found a ton of handy info both here and in ravenger's site and I'm presently coding a solution up for an Arduino. Overkill I know but I bought a bunch for $7 each so cant really complain.

I was just wondering if anyone managed to get the SPI attachment details prior to the fourm move? I dont have much in the way of data sniffing tools.. infact my scope is from the 70s!

I know what its like to google a thread like this and come up with someone that says "Hey, I'm fixing this" only never to see a response again. If for some reason I dont post back here with my results.. PM me and I'll come back!

Brilliant, I like using the arduino on projects.. its not overkill if using the mini or such. I dont have much in the way of knowledge of SPI, but if I knew where to hook up what, Im sure a few of us could have a well functioning setup relatively quickly.

Which attachment in particular are you refering to?
TazzI

Postby atreidae » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:48 pm

If I could get my hands on the Commands XLS and the lcd interface picture they would be very beneficial.
atreidae
Kicking Tyres

PreviousNext

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts