Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

06 vz ute overhaul

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby TheHooon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 am

Hey all,

First post on the forum,

So i have a 05 wl stato which i picked up for a steal, however a sedan isnt so practical for my line of work. (TRADEY)

Being the adventurous type, i am toying with the idea of buying a cheap/front end damaged vz ute and transplanting every WL part possible onto the ute.

Ive goooogled for days and yet to see a vz ute with statesman front, interior, 190kw+5l40e

Can anyone offer any thoughts/advice regarding whats possible, whats not and any examples of this being done before?

Thanks in advance and look forward to ur replies
TheHooon
Newbie Modder

Postby anarklov3r » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Should be fine mechanically, however im sure you will have issues with the body loom. I toyed with the idea of doing a VZ dash conversion in my VT wagon, and it was a pain to find a body loom (that goes back to the tailgate, tailights, pillars etc) that would work.

I imagine putting a stato loom into a ute wont work, and you will end up having to do some wiring conversions on your dash (unless you are simply swapping the dash cluster, seats, velour trims etc, then you will be just fine.
anarklov3r
Newbie Modder

Postby anarklov3r » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:47 pm

also in my old wh stato, it had a telematics module in the boot from factory. i tried to remove this since i never used the holden assist through the rear view mirror, but the car refused to start without it! Something to consider if your donor car has the same thing, you will need to find a spot to locate it, unless you used your original loom as mentioned earlier.
anarklov3r
Newbie Modder

Postby TheHooon » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:50 am

Thanks for ur reply anarklov3r.
The wl is about 190mm longer than the ute and the wheelbases are identical. So loom should have a little extra length to play wit i reckon.
As for the Holden assist rearview mirror, non existant in mine which is a bonus. Chopping the stato floor carpet to suit a ute cab will be a challenge but not impossible.

Time to search for silver vz ute i think. Ill update when ive found one
TheHooon
Newbie Modder

Postby Warnererank » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Can we have the ability to add a new poll to threads that already have one, keeping the old poll archived somewhere but unvotable?
Warnererank
Newbie Modder

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts