Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Interior Modifications

Commodore VC Modern VDO Gauge Conversion

Specific interior modification information for Holden Commodore VB, VC, VK Series Commodores, and HDT models

Postby Rerouter » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 pm

This is a project I undertook about 3 years ago, but am willing to post to give other members ideas on what can be done,

Apart from the speed sensor all wiring to the vehicle was done through the original plug, The center warning light panel was retained, and had a metal plate overlaid to mount the new gauges to,

The Speedometer and Tachometer are 100mm Gauges, with the oil and temp 52mm gauges, there was no fuel mounted as the customer already had a separate LPG gauge elsewhere in the vehicle.

DSC04517.JPG

DSC04519.JPG

DSC04521.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rerouter
Starting Ignition

Postby silversv6 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 am

I done a similar thing in 2000 with a VK cluster. I kept the original oil pressure, voltmeter, fuel & temp gauges & fitted a VP speedo & tacho. Made a new voltage regulator & split it between the gauges as the circuit board had to be cut to fit the VP tacho & speedo. The rear of mine looks just like yours....wires everywhere! cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Return to Interior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts