Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

Fitting a Reverse Camera to a VE Commodore

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby velj » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Fingers crossed lol if I get time this week il do it
velj
Starting Ignition

Postby Morris70 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:30 pm

I wanted to go for the factory look but the genuine Sportwagon camera can't be bought by itself from the dealer.
After looking around on ebay for a while, I settled on this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 630wt_1918

It was fairly expensive, but the specs looked good for low light conditions, It looked about the same size as the Holden one and didn't add the useless guidelines !
Before installing in the car, I tried it out on the headunit first to make sure it worked. The reversing picture only came up as brief flashes on the screen every second or 2. On a regular tv it gave a crappy picture with video noise and halos around everything.
Putting it on a scope showed a noisy video waveform which the headunit obviously hated.

I sent it back to the seller and got a replacement sent, which worked just as badly. Sent him a video of what it was doing, and he replied "Oh, it's not compatible with Commodore headunits" At least I got a full refund, and the customer service was great !

In the end I found a factory fitted camera and tailgate loom from a wrecked Calais wagon and retrofitted it. This one works perfectly :-)

I'll do a write up in a new thread...
Morris70
Contributor

Postby Mattyc » Thu May 21, 2015 10:13 am

Has anyone found a licence plate mounted reverse camera without guidelines? Or can the factory ones in the iq be turned off? I've fitted one and have 2 sets of guidelines
Mattyc
Kicking Tyres

Postby silversv6 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:33 am

Mattyc wrote:Has anyone found a licence plate mounted reverse camera without guidelines? Or can the factory ones in the iq be turned off? I've fitted one and have 2 sets of guidelines

I bought my one of ebay about 2-3 years ago & only has one set of guide lines...so they are available.
EDIT: picture is on the first page of this topic. cost $18.83 on ebay back then.
Last edited by silversv6 on Thu May 21, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby TazzI » Thu May 21, 2015 11:15 am

I think it's going to be more of a 'hit n miss' until a good one is found.
TazzI

Postby Mattyc » Thu May 21, 2015 5:09 pm

silversv6 wrote:
I bought my one of ebay about 2-3 years ago & only has one set of guide lines...so they are available.
EDIT: picture is on the first page of this topic. cost $18.83 on ebay back then.

I have 2 of them here, but the issue I have is the camera has its own set of guidelines, and the iq also has a set, Is there a way to get rid of the iq set? Or is there cameras out there without guidelines?
Mattyc
Kicking Tyres

Postby silversv6 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:29 am

Mattyc wrote:
silversv6 wrote:

I have 2 of them here, but the issue I have is the camera has its own set of guidelines, and the iq also has a set, Is there a way to get rid of the iq set? Or is there cameras out there without guidelines?

I plugged mine into a LCD tv before fitting it to my car & it had no guide lines. I think they are stuck in the IQ, but either doubledip or jezzab (on this forum) would be your answer for the IQ question......cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby jezzab » Sat May 23, 2015 8:59 am

The guidelines on the IQ can be disabled but not via any actual config options on the IQ itself. Would have to do it in person or with s remote flashbox. The CHECK YOUR SURROUNDINGS cannot be removed though.
Daily Ute - 2009 Holden VE SSV Ute Single Turbo (IQ, E3 Cluster, EDI) - 586rwhp
Drag Ute - 2002 Holden VU SS Twin Turbo - 1010rwhp [SOLD]

All VE/VF Module reprogramming. Remote programming with flash box
http://www.facebook.com/jsbperformance
jezzab
Site Admin

Postby TazzI » Sat May 23, 2015 6:36 pm

I like the idea of having a front and rear camera. The amount of times iv "tapped" a curb now in a non lowered VE is shit!.
TazzI

Postby Mattyc » Thu May 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Yeah a front camera could be something to look at
Mattyc
Kicking Tyres

Previous

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts