Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

Replacing Window Reveals

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VE and VEII Series Commodores, and HSV E1, E2, and E3 models

Postby pek1973 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:22 am

Thought I'd post a quick how to on replacing the window reveals. I live in the Middle East, and after buying my Chev CR8 (HSV E1) the window reveals were absolutely cactus. So replacing them was a must in order to keep the dust out as well as just the aesthetics. Below was how they looked:

1.jpg

While not a particularly difficult job it is quite fiddly. To do the job I'd recommend:

1) Nylon Dash removal tools
2) Small pair of side cutters (taped up so as to not scratch the paint)
3) Small Jewelers flat blade screwdriver (taped up so as to not scratch the paint)

The Replacement reveals in black are GM part numbers 92242670, 92228968, 92242669 & 92228967. I bought mine from the US as the local stealership is insane on pricing (ie. 3 - 4 times the price of the landed price of importing the parts from US/AUS).

The reveals are fixed to the door with the following clip:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Always start with the window fully down.

FRONT DOORS : The front doors have one clip about 1cm from the end of the door. The front of the reveal is lodged under the side mirror.

REAR DOORS: Clips at opposite sides of the door, again about 1cm from each end. Always start from end of door.

Use the nylon dash removal tool to carefully lever the reveal up and away from the door. You need to try and gain access to the slot where the clip is attached. On the front door I found it impossible to easily remove the clip, and had to resort to using a small set of side cutters to cut the plastic clip. I was able to then pull the old reveal away and retain the clip and remove it without it falling into the door.

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is the slot the reveal clips into on the front door:

7.jpg

The rear door has 2 slots - see below.

9b.jpg

For the front door slide the new reveal onto the door frame and under the side mirror, and then line up the clip and the door slot, and then just push down the reveal

9.jpg

9a.jpg

For the rear door, line up the front of the door first and then do the rear of the door.

9c.jpg

And repeat for the other side of the car.

Hope this helps someone - the end result is soooooo much better!

IMG_20140905_180059.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chevrolet CR8 (aka HSV E1 Clubsport)
Borla Cat Back Exhaust
VCM CAI
6L80 Deep Sump Mod.
Pat G. Tune
Bilstein B8, Tein S Tech lowered springs, Superpro Strut mount tops
Parrott MKI 9200 Bluetooth
pek1973
Starting Ignition

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts