Welcome Anonymous !

Everything you need to modify your ride

Exterior Modifications

FITTING VZ BERLINA GUARDS, BONNET & BAR ON VY BERLINA

Specific exterior modification information for Holden Commodore VY and VZ Series Holden Commodores, and HSV models

Postby silversv6 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:52 pm

I know this is a bit old school now, but my young bloke had a front ender in his immaculate VY Berlina. I am thinking of fitting VZ bonnet, guards, bar etc.
I have done some research on this, but some say they are a straight bolt on & just as many say that they do not fit. I can't imagine there is much difference if any. Unfortunately I do not have a VZ handy or know anyone who has a VZ to compare to the VY. Any definite answers will be appreciated. Thanks & cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Postby TazzI » Tue May 06, 2014 4:23 pm

silversv6 wrote:I know this is a bit old school now, but my young bloke had a front ender in his immaculate VY Berlina. I am thinking of fitting VZ bonnet, guards, bar etc.
I have done some research on this, but some say they are a straight bolt on & just as many say that they do not fit. I can't imagine there is much difference if any. Unfortunately I do not have a VZ handy or know anyone who has a VZ to compare to the VY. Any definite answers will be appreciated. Thanks & cheers

Theres guys on justcommodores that have done exactly this. Pulled of the front end (bumper,lights,bonnet,fenders) and replaced with a VZ front end. So it can be done. Whether they were a simply bolt in job is something else.

From pulling my own VY apart and my mates VZ, the fenders bolt locations match up pretty well (just simple eye comparison).

Not a definite answer but it has been done plenty of times!
TazzI

Postby silversv6 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Tazzi, I've been through all the forums but no body say's for sure they are a bolt on fit or not. As you said it don't look any different VY to VZ which are my thoughts exactly. I am sure someone will know. Cheers
silversv6
Major Contributor

Return to Exterior Modifications

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts